Thursday 19 May 2011

Another Tri-fold For Tom's Birthday!

It's Tom's Birthday tomorrow (Friday) so of course I've made him a tri-fold card using my (old) Ultimate Crafter's Companion. He's such a big kid and he likes teddy bears, so I've made him a card using this Dustin Pike Birthday Bear. Yes, I know it's very much like the one I made for Dustin's Challenge last week ( I won!!) but if you're on a roll, I say, keep going! So, another tri-fold card with the back fixed to make a pocket so I could add a tag.
This time I used a green, not hammered card but one that had a 'hammery' look about it. Used a mixture of green gingham papers,which were both free,. One with Paper Craft Essentials Magazine this month in a paper stack and one you'll find HERE.
I've added mock stitching, two of Dustin's digi's, the bear and the cake. I've 3D-ed the balloons, the bears head, his hand holding the cake and the front of the box he's sitting in. Added a frog button I brought back with me from USA, probably from Ben Franklin along with the little car brad and my Nestabilities 'Classic Scalloped Circles Large, which I used inside the card. I haven't got one of those 'embossing' mats, so I use a bit of thick card, it works just the same.
The bottom font inside the card and used on the tag, is called 1942 report. Looks like I've used an old typewriter. You can download it for free, HERE
The top font actually on the outside and the inside cos of the fold, is called BeanBag and you can download that for free HERE.
I didn't have green candi, so I coloured them with a Promarker, and because they were made with pearl card they've stayed shimmery.
I know this is for Tom ...but I actually made this card with Top Tip Tuesday's latest Challenge in mind. One for the Kids. I'll add my Tuesday tip as well! Like killing two stones with one bird! The tag says, 'This entitles you to one Birthday surprise!'
Well, before we've sent him off to race cars round a racing track, canoeing, a Monty Python 'Spamalot show because he didn't think he could manage the archery we'd fixed up as he'd hurt his shoulder. Unknown to us he was already very good at archery and has since taken it up again. So this year we thought how about bungee jumping? hahaha...no.... not that...I'll tell you later, otherwise it won't be a surprise!
Challenges.
TopTip Tuesday- One For The Kids. (DT Call)
Tuesdaythrowdown- Child/baby
Trulyscrumptious-anything goes(DT call)
Paperplaytime-make a tall card
A spoonfullofsugar-anything goes (Site Closed)
I Love Promarkers-animals
Papersundaes-Happy Birthday
Mygrafico-anything goes
Bythecuteandgirly-anything goes
Onestitchatatime-anything goes

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! you've inspired me to try a tri-fold! it'll be a first for me :) Thanks for the links to the fonts! My blog candy is up, I hope you'll join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh super tri fold card hun just brilliant hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lyn & if it works why not use it again!!
    Thaks for the link to the 1942 report font! It's fab! Just downloaded it! Off to snag your freebie too!
    Thank you!

    Dawn xx
    Thanks for your comments on my cards! The link was there btw it must've been hiding from you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable fabulous card Lyn.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lyn! long time no speak!! Hope you are well? LOVE this card,a nd the DP image too.....you've got me thinking now, and I'm gonna do a tri-fold card sometime soon, its been forever! Ta for the inspiration!! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lyn that is one gorgeous card and Im sure it will go down a storm. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!! Glad you made it over to My Grafico to enter your fab card in our Anything Goes Challenge!
    Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Lyn.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I hope Tom had a lovely Birthday.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'One For The Kids' Challenge this week :)
    Good Luck!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies