Wednesday 4 August 2010

A Little Blue Tilda

I made this little Tilda card for a Challenge and then just didn't get her finished in time. Where has the week gone, it's just flown by.
I've used Pink Petticoat Papers, paper pieced Tilda's dress and 3D-ed her pocket and coloured her with ProMakers. The little Doily was from Liz, thank you Liz! The sentiment was done on the computer, another freebie called Buttercrumb and you can download it HERE
The little gems on the wire were really made to decorate a candle but as I'm hardly going to do that, I thought they looked nice here. It doesn't show up very well, but I've wrapped them round a separate piece of printed paper over card. The ribbon was fixed on using one of those X shaped sticky machines. There was a bow, but it didn't look right. The punches I used were Woodware and Martha Steward.
I think my big mistake was using the wrong blue for the flowers, Blueberry instead of Bluebell, at least they match her dress. To finish I covered the flowers and leaves with Stickles Glitter. I've used Christmas papers and a Christmas Tilda, so could this be counted as a Blue Christmas Birthday Card? Hope so! I'll probably send it to a friend who's birthday is on Christmas day! (I'll add Merry Christmas later!) Thank you for stopping by.

Challenges
Creative Inspirations-Anything goes
Dutch Dare (fortnightly) anything goes
Stampin' B's Design Team - birthday card
Party Time (birthday + sentiment) - anything goes
Lollipop Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Stampalicious - Inside and out
Daring Cardmakers - It's a girl thing
Craftalicious - (fortnightly) Make Your Own Flowers
Lexi's Creations - paper piecing
(This is the challenge I was thinking of but I've missed it! Note to self, write things down!!


19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lyn - love the gorgeous flowers and the doily. The punched borders are the perfect match, and the lilac colour scheme is fab.
    Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW your Tilda card is BEAUTIFUL!!! LVOE LVOE the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue birthday card! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lyn, love the colour combo & Tilda looks so sweet!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Love how you have done the 'fern' two colours to match the paper.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all the details. Thanks for joining the PTT party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card it's gorgeous

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the colours and all the details. Brilliant. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweet lyn and I hope you managed to track down some yummy candy...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty card, Lyn! I love all the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Lollipop Crafts! Hope to see more of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Lyn. Love your choice of colours. What an unusal font! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card as always Lyn Great work hun

    Lizxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Lovely details and such gorgeous colors. Glad you joined the Stampin B this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An adorable Tilda card!! Thanks for partying with us at Party Time Tuesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Lyn,thanks for posting the link for the font its a great find.
    Really like the colours you have used. Hopefully will have a card making update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea of paper piecing clothes etc using stamped images....will have to give it a go! Thanks for yet more inspiration Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh love the card - specially the handmade flowers - are they scrunched circles of the same size mounted together? (you know I have a thing for handmade flowers!) and you have used that lovely frond punch too! as for keeping up with WOYWW I have started to make lists (I am list kind of girl) and always make sure that I reply to anyone who comments on my blog and then throw in some random ones too as I cant keep up with everyone at the moment as the children are on holiday so I cant play as much as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! She looks great in blue! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, love your flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies