Saturday 1 January 2022

Happy New Year 2022! With a Twist and Pop Card! Link to Freebie Papers.

 Happy New year to all my family and friends and everyone else! Hope you all had a lovely christmas and didnt party too hard over the weekend! Here's hoping 2022 will be special for all the right reasons! I thought I'd post a few Happy New Year Cards today... Here's a few Twist cards I made last week. I did have a go at making a couple of these months and months ago, when a kit came with a magazine, but the mechanism was a bit chunky so the card didn't close too well and wobbled about when it stood up.


 

 I watched Sam Calcotts YouTube video, she's made a few on how to make this type of card, and decided to make them a little bit smaller, mainly because I wanted to use this Happy New Year Party Paper with dogs all over it and they print out as two size A5 to a sheet. (Anything to save paper! More about that in a second) So I made the cards approx 4x4 out of pearl card. The papers can be downloaded from free HERE you may have to sign in.

  Once you've done one, they are quite easy to do, but time consuming, and I would recommend getting everything cut out and ready first and then fixing it all together. Sorry about the yellowy pictures. I thought I'd found a Daylight bulb for my lamp, but obviously didn't!  Now, the saving paper thing... I buy my A4 paper locally, either 160gsm up to 200gsm, it's smooth and white. The owner of the shop explained why it had 'gone up' and he told me some of his suppliers have closed down as it was cheaper to lay off their workers (and still pay them) then sell the gas, which is used to dry the paper, back to their suppliers and still make a profit. So paper could double in price, he thinks, in just a few months! That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours! Gorgeous cards! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love this fold. I have not tried it yet. Hopefully one day I can. Great papers you used too. Happy New Year! Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your cards are fantastic! I love the doggies, and the wonderful layout design! You did a fabulous job! I am sorry to hear the price of papers is going up. I am also sorry to hear businesses and workers are having such a difficult time. Looking forward to seeing your next creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies