Friday 15 January 2021

Happy Birthday Pat. Another Year Older, Tomorrow!

 I'm waaay behind.  I'm going to blame my new laptop. It has a silver keyboard with lights or maybe it's just the letters that shine out blinding me. Pulling the scene down over the letters helps...but then I can't see what I'm writing and end up shouting at people coz I'm using CaPITal letters! Of course, you could say, I'm just lazy. 

We might be in lockdown with time on our hands and all the things we said we'd do we've already done in the last lockdowns, but I, in my head that is, still have sooo much to do, I'm getting to the point of just saying... I'll do it tomorrow. BUT (see want I mean?) TODAY (oh shucks) I'm going to start posting my newest makes and then catch up with my oldest ones? Why? Does it matter? So, HapPY Birthday Pat! (Brother In Law, pub landlord, likes boats and fishing) I made this card 'specialy for you. 

Card: I first covered the blank card in gold mirri and then some Tim Holtz paper from his idea-ology pad. Bottle Tops...see? Pat has a pub...a few actually. Then, so I could keep all the fiddly bits on the cats, I stamped the snarky cats straight onto the card over the bottle caps, then also stamped them onto some 160gsm smooth paper, coloured them with ProMarkers and cut them out. (Cutting off their fiddly bits) Then stuck them over the stamped images so there'd still be fiddly bits. I cut a slit in one of the cat's arms so he could hold the fish, then stuck on another arm so he could hold the milk bottle. I really wanted the sentiment to say fish, not milk (hence adding the milk bottle) but then I thought maybe copywrite  rules might apply here.

 The open card is completely different. One huge big gold fish with an enormous gaping mouth with a tiny 'Pat' inside calling for help!  The freebie papers are called 'Gone Fishing' and were from #192Papercraft Inspirations (July 2019)

On the back of the card is a place to write,  where I used a sheet from #189PaperCrafts Inspiration called 'Coastal Charm' 'On Deck' (from July 2018)  The papers had got mixed together and luckily for me two WOYWWers Crafting with Jack and Mary Ann,  (Both brilliant messy papercrafters, go see!) came to my rescue so I could refile them in the right place! (I know! I'm very messy but I like my files in the right place!)  https://www.gathered.how/papercraft/card-making/free-coastal-fishing-village-patterned-papers/ And the Big Fish ones,  also listed as Father's Day Papers, you can find here 

That's it from me, supposed to be going out for the 'Daily Excerise' but...really should stay here, in the warm, tiding up my craftroom! Thank you for stopping by! I Hope to find some... 

Challenges

 showusyourpussies-any thing goes. Must be cats  .

 creativefingerschallengeblog. Anything goes

 https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/2020/12/january-2021-challenge.html

 http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2021/01/pennys-challenge-487.html

Daisy chain 48: happy birthday
 
Craft rocket 77: for the boys/men
 
Cutie pie 155: the boys are back in town
 

Grab our button for your blog

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Lyn ....so pleased you are blogging again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debs. Hope Pat Likes his card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has had me in stitches! Loved the read and love your card! Such fun on every surface and I just loved weeny Pat calling for help! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Hopefully I'll look out for another of your challenges!

      Delete
  4. That is so cool. LUV the cats and the fishy bit inside is soooo clever.
    Thank you for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, very creative and original and your cat card really made me laugh. A classic card! Thanks for joing our challenge at Daisy Chains this month, Happy Crafting, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lyn. Love the fish in the centre of the card - a fun surprise when you open it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how creative! Love the cats, and what a neat fish!
    I was so bummed to realize that I haven't been getting your posts in my email.
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute! I love how you put his picture inside the fish!! The kitties came out adorable too ~ I'm sure he got a kick out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hysterical and I LOVE it. Bet he did too. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT
    Please remember to copy and paste the challenge badge into your post. We want to spread the word about our challenges and it is a requirement we look for when choosing our winners and honourable mentions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pop-up card! You did a great interpretation of the Animal challenge! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    We would love it if you could display our challenge badge on your post too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the cute cats and fantastic pop up fish. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Good Luck!
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies