Wednesday 9 December 2020

WOYWW 600+1

 Yes! It's Wednesday again! The weeks go whizzing by! Thank you to the fabulous Julia for making all this  possible. Come and join in, just click on Stamping Ground! Last week was our big Day, crafters from everywhere were all going to have a Zoom meet up! I had my new lap top all ready up and running and then poor Mr Jinx, the cat, was suddenly very violently sick! 🙀 Basically he couldn't poop. So off we went to the vets for some  Laxatract... He slept for a whole day and didn't eat;  he's ok now but I didn't remember until Sunday morning that I'd missed the Zoom meet up! 😕 And I really was looking forward to 'meeting' up with you all. (Hmm, Perhaps it's about time I changed my picture, seeing I'm nearly a hundred and ninety-four...)

 

Here's my desk for this week...I do seem to fill it with everything  I need all at the same time. I wanted to make a box for a mug. The one on the left was my first attempt...I had a huge sheet of red card but kept measuring wrong and every bit of red card was now too small so ended up having to make the lid in thick, very dark green card,  and ended up being too small. I'd measured wrong again) Luckily I found another bit of green, and that was fine and once finished it fitted ! Yay! I quickly grabbed the said mug from under the Christmas tree and ripped off the badly wrapped Christmas paper, happily laughing to myself and thinking, 'After all that, I bet it doesn't fit!' I was right...it didn't! 

 

 Well, I wasn't going to give up and the two lids made a nice little flat box! But I really wanted to make a mug Box. So, I turned Sam Calcott's YouTube Video on again and worked out, yes! Me, really me, worked out how to make a bigger box! So the one with the holly paper is my (all afternoon) effort! Big enough for the mug and chocolates and more! And the smaller red one will probably house a smaller mug! Sam put holes on the side of the lid for the ribbon to threadle through, but I decided not to press my luck with making holes and in anycase, if I use the ribbon there, the beads and leaves won't go through. I've also lined the inside to help make the box stronger.  The freebie papers and the chipbpoard shapes, came with a magazine years ago. Now to decide on which ribbon to use and what tag.  In the picture below is what's left of eight 3D Christmas box cards I'd been making on Monday. They were another freebie from a crafting Magazine. They were a bit flimsey, so I added some 160gsm  paper to the back.

 

 Well! That's it! That's what's on my worktop this Wednesday! What's on yours? See you over on the  Stamping Ground! Stay safe! Be Well! Thank you for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. I’m glad your poor cat is better, they don’t have pick their times eh? My one is exactly the same....!! Those boxes are fab and perfect for packing an awkward prezzy, clever you.
    And your comment about being 194 made me hoot, don’t think I’m far away either, lol!
    HUgs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! The Tesco delivery arrived and Jinx was trying to poop in the shopping bag! Not like him at all!

      Delete
  2. The boxes look lovely. Us crafters never give up do we!! Hugs, Sue. #24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry that your cat was sick on Saturday and you missed the crop. I have laughed all the way through this post, Lyn. Have you ever heard to measure twice and cut once? Still laughing at the box fiasco, which I enjoyed immensely. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness what a palaver with the boxes - I had to laugh as I've been there too! The good thing is that the first one didn't have to go in the bin, as so many of my first attempts do! Both boxes are gorgeous and well worth all that effort. I love the 3D cards too.
    So sorry you missed the meeting but I do hope you kitty is fully recovered now, they do choose their moments don't they!
    Hope you have good week
    Diana xx #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poor baby! I am hoping everything is all better now! Better luck next time and you can join in!! But hey....you got a new laptop out of it! LOLOL Your crafting antics sound oddly familiar to me....oh that's because ALL of that probably would have happened to me! LOL I think you pulled out of it with a bang! Those boxes are fabulous! You tickled me with your photo comment! 194??? Really??? You are rocking it granny! LOL Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great boxes! I need to do a few but can't seem to get going with it. I will watch Sam's video...maybe that will help! Glad your cat is better!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a shame you missed the fun on Saturday! I tried to read this at work on my phone but it wouldn't load the pics so I kept it for now! glad I did! Happy WOYWW Helen#3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Mr Jinx - hope he is now feeling a lot better. I know how it feels - I had an obstruction once, caused by the hernia round my stoma, and was throwing up and feeling extremely poorly - I ended up having emergency surgery and a 3-week stay in hospital! I'm glad Mr Jinx didn't have to go through that. Sorry you missed the Zoom.

    What a time you've had with those boxes! It's so frustrating when it all goes wrong, isn't it! At least you didn't give up.

    Thank you for your visit. I'm glad you liked my name badge. We've now finished the spelt bread and never got round to toasting it because we enjoyed it so much as-is, so I've no idea! I'll have to try with the next lot.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Spyder, glad to hear Mr Jinx id doing fine, he clearly lives up to his name! How annoying when things keep going wrong, I find these days i have to double check measurements, and write them down carefully, so easy to keep stumbling over the same problem. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sorry you missed saturday but maybe we will do it again. I thought I'd never get to the posts today, three deliveries of craft stuff, one delivery of a surprise raffle prize, walking dogs, sorting mum's vaccination, trying to finish some cards and that's without the usual stuff like cooking Lol! Loving the boxes and pleased your kittie is okay. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Spyder, aww hope your cat is better soon. Box-gate sounds like a mishap that would befall me! Ooh, we are a similar age lol - I do feel close to 200 sometimes lol. Thanks for stopping by earlier - I will post a pic of the finished quilts next week. Have a lovely week, Heather xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your cat is better! And sorry you had to miss the Zoom, too. I got a real kick out of your effort to make the box. Been there, done that. But at least you persevered and got it made! Have a great week!
    Carol N #28

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry that you missed the Zoom meet ups but glad Mr Jinx has recovered. Love the boxes. Glad you managed to get there in the end. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I was the only one who made mistakes calculating sizes for things to fit together. Saturday saw me making endless pointed circles before I finally made a sort of almost perfect one. By that time I had almost run out of card.
    Sorry you did not make the zoom but Mr Jinx had to come first. Bless him. I hope he is really much better now and will not have the same problem again.
    Hugs to you
    Neet 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you couldn't make the zoom- hope your kitty is better now...
    Love the boxes!
    Happy 601st WOYWW!
    Stay Safe and Keep Well...
    Susan #9
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry that you missed the zoom meeting, but I am so glad that your cat is better. Love the different boxes - glad you succeeded in the end! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#33)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad your cat is okay now. You have my sympathies over the cutting mistakes. It is so annoying when you think you have measure correctly and it doesn’t turn out that way. Happy WOYWW Angela #25

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG - you craft and measure just like me! LOL! So sorry about Mr Jinx, glad he's feeling better. Maybe we can meet again sometime. Sorry I'm so late this week, thank you for for your comment on mine, have a great week! (give Mr Jinx a little hug from us!) Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies