Saturday 9 January 2010

One More Christmas Pocket Card

I've only a few Christmas cards left...(oh goody, I can hear you say) well, I like to post them here because it's a good way of checking up on what I've done and see the changes in my styles...well...I think they're getting better. I hope they are! Visiting other people blogs gives me loads of inspiration and challenges me to have a go at something different, although, there's loads of things I make that don't make it here!
This is the other Pocket Christmas card I mentioned about before. I made him (or her) at the same time as I made the other one, using my Stampin' Up papers and stickers (which I won, yay!!) the same red peel offs and some acetate along the bottom.
At one time I thought this was one of my 'missing cards' but luckily it had been filed away in one of my 'useful boxes' and when I went to remake it, there is was, grinning at me! (Phew!)
I'm glad I added the golden snowflake flower, (It's missing from the second picture) I think it fills in that gap at the top just right, shame I didn't take a closer picture of it!
I used a Woodware flower punch, but then put the flower in the palm of my hand and then sort of circled my finger round and round the centre of it until the flower curled up, then added the golden snowflake with a dollop of silicone glue and the red gem using my 2 in1 glue pen, a bit like a Quickie glue pen, when that was dry I fixed it to the card and added the fern leaves.
The inside of the card is near enough the same as the other pocket card only I didn't cut out a half circle in the 'pocket'. The inside snowflake was punched out using a very large Dovecraft punch, which I was very lucky to get for half price!I think the Quirky Forum Challenge starts up again tomorrow (Sunday) I'll give you a sneak peak of my DT make when I've made something! A clue?? Hmmm, well, I'm going to be using a colour I don't think I've ever used before!! And!!! I have a prize to give to one of my followers! Who?? I'll let you know tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pocket card Lyn and love the colours and all those yummy images inside :-)

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, cheery card Lyn! Thanks for all the info regarding how you did it.
    Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya there Lyn, how are you, fabby card - that image is so cute.

    p.s. I'll give a wild guess at the colour - mmmmmmm - yellow?

    hugs
    Kaza.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyn your cards amaze me, this one is another fab make :D
    And the new colour? I'm going for khaki :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card....so glad you found it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Lyn, wow thats gorgeous and such pretty papers, they are lovely the image is fabulous and so beautifully coloured. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI SPYDER, LOVE YOUR CARDS, SO BRIGHT AND CHEERIE,GORGEOUS COLOURING AND LAYOUTS,THANKS ALSO FOR YOUR COMMENTS XX

    hUGS lIZ XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies