Thursday 24 March 2011

Walk Like An Egyptian

I've had this one in my head for ages, so decide I'd better get it out, before any permanent damage was done! (Oops too late!) It was inspired by the backing papers, which you can't really see. Last weekend Me and Him indoors called in on daughter and then nipped down to the craft shop, which is very near by. (How handy is that!) This shop is like the Tardis, an Aladdin's Cave, it just seems to go on and on, downstairs, round, up, along, packed with everything crafty, except the glue I wanted. Fabulous, I could have stayed there all day. Anyway, the lady in the shop kindly gave me a last years DoCrafts Creativity Magazine and attached to it was a free DoCraft CD and that's where the backing papers came from. The rest, the bands across and down were from my local not very crafty shop via KanbanCrafts and a backing paper book simply called, 'Papers Papers Papers'. And the swirl yay! Tim Holtz 'Alterations' of course. (There's two swirls, I've just used the one twice, and fixed them together. I've been wanting a swirl for ages, and treated myself with some birthday money mother-in-law gave me, after a quick nip into another crafty shop on the way home! (very much smaller, not so much 'stuff', but they did have my glue, and as always it was very busy. Hubby sneaked off to the Pub!) The tassel was off another card. (recycled) Coloured with Promakers, embossed, 3D-ed and fixed using Silicon glue.
The Font is a freebie of course! It's called GlyphBasic1. (There's also #2 and #3) You can Google the name or download it HERE and what does it say? It says.... Just For You...
I did find a few challenges for this card, one being a song Title I think...so I'll just add that for now, as I think I might be too late for it! Hi to my lovely new followers, I'll give you a mention on my next (shorter) post! Thank you for stopping by! (**Ps...don't forget to play the music!)

Challenges
Ces Challenges-your favourite song or inspired by a song
**Walk Like An Egyptian
My Grafico - Anything Goes
Papercutz - Anything Goes
Sugar Creek Hollow - Anything Goes
Palspaperarts-embossing
(Image, Swirl & Gold Deckled edge)
And this lovely bit
of embossing for inspiration)

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love that paper, and it's just proffect with this image.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Lyn.

    Don't you just hate when a basic item is out of stock? Or why is it they don't carry my favorite. Don't they know I'll be in wanting to buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Spyder!!!!!
    I'll be singing that song all day now!
    Thanks for joining in at My Grafico!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lyn, love the card design and your fabulous papers. with hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Lyn!! I love those swirls that just add to the theme of this wonderful creation! Amazing and beautiful!
    I must be living under a rock, but I just found the link to your "other blog" and was stunned to see my Valentine card posted there! Thanks so much for the great honor!! I'm truly blessed in SOOOO many ways! Heartfelt hugs and thanks my sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyn, this is gorgeous!! I love it!! But I hope you know that song will be in my head all day now. Thanks a lot. Maybe I'll sing it at karaoke tonight! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is great. love the papers and how you have put it all together. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. i recently found you and glad i did! your cards are inspirational and your freebies are fun and cute! thank you so much for all that you share. you KNOW i will be back! hehe have a GREAT day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Lyn - love the colours and layout!! Great song choice too! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Lyn, I love the paper and the swirl, great image too!

    Love, Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lyn this is fabulous I love the Egyptian theme, those papers, the frame and flourish as well as the image looks super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was going to comment on WOYWW but seen this post instead. Love the card and how youv'e used up so many odds and ends. That craft shop sounds right up my alley is it in Hampshire? Struggling to finish off 3 urgents that are needed this weekend. 1 down 2 to go and I still have desks to visit.
    Where does all the time go and we loose an hour this Sunday too.
    Hugs Mrs A. WOYWW #54

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning work Lyn, love the frame. Have a great time eating your chocolate brownies too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh this is fab Lyn.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! love the colours and layout, Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love King Tut. Been to Egypt twice and the King Tut exhibition that is on at The Trafford Centre.
    Stampattack Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies