Saturday 30 January 2010

A Little Popcorn Madness...with ProMakers

Well, I did say I'd try and do another bear card this week just to remind you about the BEAR Challenge going on over on the Quirky forum... You still have a week!! There' a prize, and if any of my followers have a go, I'll send them a little prize too!! (don't all rush at once...please!)
I've had this Popcorn stamp set for ages and this is the first time I've used it, mainly because, you have to cut them out, very scary, being careful not to cut them too close (or cut off Popcorns ears!) and then not to lose all the tiny little pieces. Once cut out, you have to find some way of making them stick to your acrylic block. Of course me being me, that took a few weeks, (months) Dah!
I bought me some 'Kling-on' (nothing to do with Star Trek) and feeling very brave (even with my stupid finger in a plastic splint now) I cut out all the little bits and fixed them onto the 'Kling-on' (Luckily he didn't mind and if you clink the link you'll find a video telling you how to do it... wish I'd found that first!) Then I realised I didn't have an acrylic block big enough for poor Popcorn, so, I used a CD case instead, then found that all the little pieces fitted just right inside the same case. (sometimes I think, I'm not me, but someone else who has been swapped by aliens!)
I've used the sketch from Midnight Madness, so of course I've entered this card into their Challenge #38, which has two sketches this week... almost the same but different, and...mine's a bit different too. There's still time to have a go! This card has gone off to a forum buddy. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one!
I've used papers from the Craft CD-Rom free with The Do-Crafts Creativity Magazine. I've also coloured Popcorn with Promakers using Pastel Green, Blossom, Pastel Blue, Vanilla, Bright Orange and Canary, so have entered Passion For ProMakers challenge.
And (thank you Chris aka Twinkles Glow for letting me know!) I've also entered this card into the Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge too. Cute Card Thursday's Challenge #97 is Blooming Gorgeous. I hope I have enough flowers!
The font  I've used is called Honey Script. (Google the name)
I stamped Popcorn and then cut him out using my Nestabilities scalloped circles, then stamped Popcorn again, cut him out and after colouring, fixed it over the circle, because obviously Popcorn was bigger than the circle and his leg had been cut off! (don't worry, he's ok!) I then coloured the circle using the pastel blue.
Watch out for my next bear post because there'll be a link where you can download him and matching papers for free!!  Owing to SPAM< This post is now closed to all comments


Challenges:
Passion For ProMarkers -to use Pastel Green and Blossom.

29 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the image is so sweet
    Thanks for joining in at PFP this week :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!
    Fantastic colour choice,
    but its not my birthday yet, (JK)
    tehehe,
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is the sweetest Lynn! I just love your sweet teddy! The purple and the flowers you created with the dp is gorgeous! One of my faves takes on the sketch this week!! You should submit this to Flutter By Wednesdays too since it has butterflies on it! Gorgeous creation!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, what a pretty card. The image is so sweet and the papers are gorgeous. The flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours and design of this card are gorgeous Lyn, lovely detail too.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyn, this is just so sweet and darling!! Love the image and those awesome colors you have chosen. Love your flowers!! Great job!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popcorn Bear looks fab on your card. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hun this is a beauty love that image and as usuall your detail is just amazing hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, pretty flowers, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! this is Gorgeous chum, just love this cute wee Bear, but know' what you mean by "cutting out" not to keen on that either love all your flowers on here too Lyn, great detail xHugsx
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg..this is so sweet..I love the colors too ;) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge and don't forget we have the sneak peek now.. did you peek yet?? LOL
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Spyder...thanks for visiting my blog i'm following yours and enjoying being inspired by your lovely creations....
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lyn! Lovely card! The image is so cute and your coloring is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable is this!! I love the Popcorn Bear and you have used him beautilly[ I love your colouring, it brings it to life! Thanks for being part of this weeks challenge, we love seeing you here and would love to see you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lyn wow two of my favourite things on one card, bears and the colour purple. Fabulous card love it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Lynn what a beautiful card you have created here...love the colors, image, flowers just everything about it is beautiful...great job huni..can't wait til Valentines' Day, gonna make you use Leggs hahahaha..
    hugz
    stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card, love the papers and your image is coloured beautifully.

    Thanks for joining in at PFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lynn, fab card hun, great colouring and lovely details, your flowers look fantastic, I'll have to go and look at the CD, forgot there was papers on it, so thanks for reminding me, hope your having a good evening, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card hun, love popcorn so cute

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Lyn - love the colours and the gorgeous flowers. Hope the finger is getting better.
    Love, & hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lynn, thanks for joining us at PfP with your beautiful card! :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lynn....your bears is so precious!!! That is my favorite theme for a card!!! Of course, I am a bear collector and am crazy about those soft furry huggable things!!! This is glorious with all your special attention to detail and fine embellishments. I am so thrilled and excited to experience this stunning artistry. Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness this week. We love visiting and seeing your creations.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lyn, what Sweet bears these are! When I clicked the picture THEN I could see all the dazzling details on there! You have put much love into your card - all those lilac flowers. It's such a pleasure to stop by and see, thanks for joining us this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a darling image and such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lyn, another beautiful card. I've posted all the loot you sent me and another fabulous card by you on my blog. I knew you wouldn't mind. It's linked back to you.
    Thanks again Hun!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow this is just stunning
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Lyn, love the colours
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies