Tuesday 19 August 2014

Quirky Well Put A Stamp On It!

Hi guys! Yes I know, I'm late again. (Shhh! Don't think anyone noticed!) No camera, no printer and no time!! Never mind, I'm here now to tell you all about The latest Quirky Crafts Challenge, which started on Sunday Evening.
It's Cazzy's turn to set the theme and she has come up with... Use a postage stamp: an image of a postage stamp, posties, postage stamp dies, punches,  letters etc etc... Looking at the other DT members fabulous cards and creations, basically, think anything  we use for writing...(It's wot people did before emails!)
Here's my card...added to the Challenge page late Monday night. I've used "Letters Home" and a few postcard images "Postcard set 2"
   from our Sponsors, Stitchy Bear.
I've 3D-ed her, just a little bit, so she pops out and gives a bit of a shallow around all those letters she's not writing! I coloured her with ProMarkers, then used some of the post cards (made them very small) along with some punched out stamp shapes to frame the image..I've left it blank at the moment. Might add a sentiment later. 
The paper's I've used are called, Prima Botanical Collection; a 6x6 freebie paper stack from Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine some time back. They also came with a stamp set too....wonder where it is!?!
I cut the white 8x8 card blank a little larger than the 6x6 papers so I didn't lose any of the background pictures; stamps, letters and other scribblings. Also punched out a few stamps shapes and some images from the papers too, just to fill up some space around the digi and also inside the card.
The inside, I've left with out any wording, I've just added more of the same papers. That's it for now... thank you for stopping by even when I've not here! If I find time I will definitely love to add this to some ...
Challenges

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lyn, love all the detail here, great use of the theme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love the way you've built it up, the layout draws you in, and if you need to send it to someone, send it to me ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks better in real life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, This card is just so adorable! I love the image you used. I like that she is writing with a quill pen. Wonderful papers and colors. Love the stamps on it. thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. I miss those days of real letters arriving in the box. The Smile it gave u even before u opened it. What fun we had looking back and reading it again. Sitting down and answering all the questions and adding our own. Thank u.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies