Friday 12 October 2012

A Lilly Freebie From Bugaboo, freebie papers and font


First, sorry I haven't had time to do a freebie just lately, will do one as soon as possible. In the meantime, here's this weeks Bugaboo Freebie. I had it before so I meant to sneak it out early, but put tomorrows date by mistake, which is why it's only just posted! You can download this freebie all week here. *No Longer a freebie... but the link still goes to Bugaboos latest freebie.
The card. First I  played with the PNG image in PaintNet, as there was a tiny bit of the clear background in the middle where the leaves cross over, still white and not clear....(I know what I mean!) so once I'd made that bit clear too, I coloured it in PaintNet. Took the coloured digi into Word and laid it over the background paper. Freebie downloads from BearlyMine. But then went back into PaintNet with the background paper  and used the colour dipper thingy so I could colour the pocket using the same shade of blue as the background... (There's probably an easier way, but I haven't worked it out yet!) Then....I?? oh, added the 'With Love' on the pocket of one of them. Now this next bit is different ...I printed it all out on découpage paper. (same a brochure paper, 128gsm, pack of 12 from Do-Crafts, which I bought £1.19 from Trago Mills (Cornwall) when I was down that way a few weeks ago) Cut it all out, fixed it together using 3D foam pads.
The digi is the same size as it comes. I haven't made it smaller or larger, just to make sure I kept all three images the same size, as one of them, (with the sentiment) wasn't copied. (Of course I could've just copied three images of the digi with the sentiment and printed that out, but I didn't. (head filled with sticky dots) Anyway, I fixed them so that the leaves curled a bit and the flowers weren't directly over the flowers below them. Added the completed decoupage to silver miri board and then to blue card, and then added a white insert.
The Font is a freebie. It's called  Ancestory SF download it HERE or Google the name.
 In my first attempt at this, I coloured the images with Promarkers. It wasn't too bad, (the Promarkers do not bleed through the découpage paper) but, the pocket being such a large area to colour, looked as if I'd used water colour paints. Not 100% pleased with the printable découpage paper. The printed ink colour has bled a little in the centre of the lillies where the yellow meets the black but maybe it would be okay printing out a 'real' decoupage sheet rather than a home made one! That's it! One card made entirely with freebies! Thank you for stopping by. Hoping to add a few...
Challenges
 Catch the bug-anything goes

19 comments:

  1. This is beautifully done Lyn. The background paper is just fab! :D
    Hope you're enjoying a peaceful weekend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 13, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card love that image and all the freebies you have used

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lyn and thanks for all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link to the font. It is a beautiful font. I know exactly what you mean about the clear background not being completely clear. Although, this one looks okay to me. Love the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a tiny bit of white left where the leaves cross, so a didn't a bit of diddling so it's all clear now.

      Delete
  6. I love the way you have used Jodie's free digi. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Gotta love all the freebies we get. Have you ever heard of color cop? It's a free app with a dropper that tells you the exact color saturations to use to match another image. I found it at Cnet years ago but it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Just downloaded Colorcop, and will play, but can't see yet how I'd use it or get a backing paper in place to use the dipperto copy the colour...I have a very small brain!

      Delete
  8. just wanted to let you know I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card our Lyn, and congrats on winning at Stitchy with your fairy too!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn, oh wow I love that image, and I think your card is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and fabulous use of freebies. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Lyn in a colour I really love. I have happy memories of my own little girls wearing turquoise as toddlers...it really suited them :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies