Wednesday 27 July 2011

A Mice Birthday!

I've made another birthday easel card for Les (step dad in-law) I made one for him last week but decided...well, Hubby decided, it wasn't very 'Leslie-ish,' what with the snoozing hedgehog, hammock and banners... so I've made a snoozing mouse card instead! (Everyone knows mices are more manly than prickly ol' hedgehogs, because us women just stand on chairs and scream when we see one, but give hedgehogs cat food and beer coz they're cute...maybe not the beer, visions of sloshed hedgies have suddenly come into my mind!)
The colours on this card are a bit more 'manly' too, (greenish and washed out gingham red) rather than twee, red and blue. But what do you make for a guy, and one who's been around for 80 years? Something a bit more grungy or steam-punkish, with clocks and keys and loads of oily looking ink? Yeah...something gadgety, but I haven't anything remotely like that and let's face it, guys don't do cards, do they... unless of course they're called Tim or Paul or Dustin, or Neil or Ollie or Steve or Eric or ...ummm thingy from DoCrafts... anyway!! (It'll come to me in a minute!) ah, Phill...that's the one.
I'm hoping this card will fit into the House Mouse challenge and one or two others.
I've added Buttons, two from John's Aunty Brenda's button box, with added beads ... bows ~a bit of ribbon and a tiny....oh!!! where's my bow gone!!! (In the garden, where I took the flippin' picture I bet!!!....will add that again later...) and bling... umm...well, I've added quite a lot of layers!
(**Back from the garden, it took me ages to find that bow! Half way between the dahlias and the dandelions!! No, I'm not changing all the darn pictures...just the bottom few and between you, me and the gate post, I might take it off again! I mean!?! Are bows manly?!? Yep! Bows go with arrows! anyway...I bet no one notices!)
Papers are Picnic in The Park, from a freebie pack that came with Simply Cards Magazine months ago. First time I've used them, they were still in their packet! (I forget I had them!) **Update! I have used them once before a few months ago here. I might send a pic to Simply Cards too! I've also done some faux stitching with a white gel pen. I've also inked around all the edges with green ink. (£1.50 for two inks, green and blue, and three tiny bug stamps from Tesco's, for the kiddies of course, darn the kiddies, why can't grown-ups have them!)
The stamped House Mouse image was coloured with Promakers, (the one I mentioned losing earlier, I found it! inside a book!! Now, how did it get there?!? and what was the chances of me finding it this side of Christmas!?)
No 3D-ing this time as this image came from Sue and I've only got one left!! and...
The sentiment was done on the computer. The 80 was done in WordArt so I could have it coloured in a shaded green with a black outline.
The font is a freebie, it's called JI Skookumchuck (oh yes it is!) and you can download it HERE
I've used my Martha Stewart cobweb punch (more manly than the lacy one!) I've wired some green glass beads to the buttons, (I usually use a needle and cotton to do this but this time used wire because the beads were too small to threadle onto the needle and wire is sooo much more manly than cotton!) I've added quite a few little brads in green and orange, plus little green gems and tiny waste dots from some really old gold peel-offs... (never throw anything away!) and that's it I guess!!
It all lies flat of course to fit into the normal sized envelope. Ohoo I'm suddenly talking (inside my head) with a Welsh accent, that'll teach me to watch too much Torchwood!! That's it for now, thanks for stopping by!! Catch you again very soon! **Update!! Have won some House Mouse Stamps!!!
Challenges
House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge-buttons, bows & Bling
(plus 100th challenge blog hop)
Passion For ProMarkers-animal crackers
Creative card crew -Animal antics
Diecut dreams-animal antics (four legged!)
Ilovepromarkers-anything goes
Clear it out challenge-anything goes
Papers, (used once before) tiny brads, ribbon, Aunty Brenda's buttons off one of her dresses probably!)
Party time tuesdays.-anything goes(add badge and be a follower)
(at the moment by side bar won't save anything so I'm adding their badge here for now)
Party Time Tuesdays Challenge


24 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! The coloring is fantastic, and I love that spiderweb border! Wonderful layout. I'm sure Les will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lyn..Love the image..so cute, and the spider web edge is fabulous.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun
    aww totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lyn, that image is so cute. Mousie looks very relaxed! I'm sure Les loved it. Thanks for joining us for the HM&F 100th challenge and blog hop.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Spyder, what a super cute card. Thanks for entering PFP this week, but to be entered into our prize draw you need to add your entry into inlinkz in the post below. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card today! and I downloaded your freebie Background & Sign Post too, hopefully it'll go up on my blog Aug. 15, if all goes well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card you created. Love the mouse stamp in the giant sunflower. And the papers and embellishments are perfect. thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, our 100th and blog hop celebration. Nicel done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Lyn, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow defo got the chall theme coverd here..LOL very fitting male creation am sure Les will love it..Great cute image fab colouring..

    thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends 100th celebration blog hop chall. good luck in the draws..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely card Lyn. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week for my animal crackers challenge, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Lyn :-) perfect image for an 80th ! I am sure he will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge and hop :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lyn - what a great image that you've turned into a beautiful card - stunning. Like the pun about 'Mice' birthday - he he. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card - I love how you have wrapped the ribbon at the bottom. You have the knack for putting the papers together in an interesting way - wish I had. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect for an 80th birthday - such care with the detail - I am sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great image for an easel card and i am sure he will love it. Thanks for playing in House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is so beautiful! Gorgeous colours and embellishments. I especially love the punched border.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blurb, and the card, thoroughly manly??! or is that mainly thorough (apart from missing bow) the image is great, just right for an after the birthday party image. hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fantastic card. thanks for joining us at HM&F.
    Gill GDT for July
    http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is gorgeous Lyn! Love the adorable image and the shape especially!! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delightful card and lucky Les to recieve it.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous easel card, I just love all the details, the image and layout. Its a brilliant card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies