Ants!! We have millions of them!! Hubby, at this very moment (almost midnight) is armed with the vacuum cleaner, (and ant killer) reminding me a little of the story by Jasper Carrot, told about him sitting in his garden, in the early hours of the morning, with a twelve bore shot gun, waiting for ...a mole. Short post today... I forgot to recharge my camera!! So... here's a picture of a short post!! Yay!!! It's Friday!! ATC's tomorrow.
Good luck with the ants ...if you see the first few next year...kill them ...they are scouts sent out to see if there is food. Try a chalk line drawn around the house ...they dont like crossing it for some reason ...or a line of bicarbonate of soda at door steps and windows ...or anywhere they could be getting in. If you find the nest then boiling water right on top of it. Ofcourse there are several ant powders and a scarey gel you can buy but if you have pets and children, the non poison way is the only way... not sure about the vacuum lol. By now you must realise we have dealt with many ant problems. Each year now we kill the scouts and use the bicarb ...so fat so good xx
We live with a lineof bicarb and a almost permanently boiling kettle too!But fortunately that has always worked to keep em out of the house - they really would drive me nuts indoors. This summer so far, my noticed report is there are more blue bottles. Ugh. Godd luck against the antarmy!!
Week 858 - use orange
-
Good morning lovely crafters, we hope you all had another great week.
Thank you so much for your gorgeous entries into last week’s ‘add some
sparkle’ ch...
SHABBY CHIC PAPER CLIPS
-
Hello everyone,
Back again with the other Shabby Chic project and this time I made hidden
papers clips using up more papers of mannequins and all sorts ...
Product Spotlight - Happy Wanderers
-
With our entire range reduced to clear, I thought it would be a great idea
to spotlight some of favourite products throughout October.
Hieperdepiep
-
Hello Dear Friends,
Some of you already have seen this digi already while I was colouring it.
I let her glow all over if she is looking in her bal.
She...
CRAFT Challenge 790 - Grandparents/Anything Goes
-
*Good Morning All,*
*Welcome to a brand, new challenge here at*
*CRAFT Challenge*
*It’s great to see you here again.*
*We continue to look for committ...
Challenge #616
-
*I LOVE PROMARKERS & OTHER MEDIUMS*
Welcome back to *I Love ProMarkers & Other Mediums* and to our brand new *Challenge
#616*. This time our theme is ...
**** CAS ****
-
Hi folks,
Hope all is well with you.
It's time for a new challenge at
*Sweet Stampin*
where the theme is "CAS Cards"
This card was put together quick...
WINTER CAT
-
I actually have a card to share today but before I do I would like to
thank everyone who has left me comments on my blog, I have not been well
lately bu...
Easy Edge to Edge Shaker Card.
-
A new challenge awaits over on the Butterfly challenge.
*#195 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with E for Easy Edge to Edge Shaker Card. *
It really is an easy car...
Slimline Ho Ho Ho
-
I brought the Hope die from MFT because I saw a card had used the H and o
to make a ho ho ho card but when I sat down to use it I couldn’t find it.
So ...
Sad news Winner and top 3 challenge #154
-
It is with Great Sadness that I must share the news that “Ike” Sue” Owner
of this Challenge Blog passed away in the early hours of Thursday 28th
April.
...
Good luck with the ants ...if you see the first few next year...kill them ...they are scouts sent out to see if there is food.
ReplyDeleteTry a chalk line drawn around the house ...they dont like crossing it for some reason ...or a line of bicarbonate of soda at door steps and windows ...or anywhere they could be getting in. If you find the nest then boiling water right on top of it. Ofcourse there are several ant powders and a scarey gel you can buy but if you have pets and children, the non poison way is the only way... not sure about the vacuum lol.
By now you must realise we have dealt with many ant problems. Each year now we kill the scouts and use the bicarb ...so fat so good xx
We live with a lineof bicarb and a almost permanently boiling kettle too!But fortunately that has always worked to keep em out of the house - they really would drive me nuts indoors. This summer so far, my noticed report is there are more blue bottles. Ugh. Godd luck against the antarmy!!
ReplyDeleteYuk!!! Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteChrissyxx
And a lovely short post it is Lyn, love the pic
ReplyDeleteAnne xx