Monday 10 September 2012

A Quirky Number on Dustin!

Morning!! Well... it's 2.30 in the morning! Just had to make a card using Dustin Pike's Friday Freebie seeing he is kindly sponsoring Quirky Crafts 'Numbers' Challenge, along with The Stamping Boutique this fortnight! Yayyy! (See original post below)
It was such a lovely surprise and all sorted so quickly, we hadn't received his new number digi's before the challenge had started. He said to go ahead and add him anyway. So I grabbed he's latest Freebie, this little wizardry cat and mouse cooking up some spells and quickly (I lie!) made this card...
Pink Petticoat Papers, 'witch' I had backed up on a disc, but would it open!?? No... Anyway, I got there in the end, using what I already had printed out.
I printed the digi over a lilac fluffy cloud paper in Word (see pic below, click to enlarge)

Mo, Twinkletoes2day emailed me the other day to do a tutorial on 'how to print out PNG Digi's over background papers in Word...' as you can see, I'm on the old Word, hubby has the newer one, but I find it muddling! and yes... I do have 739 unopened emails in my box, mostly from blogging people!
I will do one if you think it
might be useful. It's one of those things I do, and then forget how I did it!

Back to the card... I coloured the white clouds with a lilac Promarker, coloured a second Cat and mouse image, cut it out (snipping off the mouse's skinny tail) then fixed it over the other imageusing gel glue.
There's eight layers if you count the spotty bit, which was just that little scrap left over from another halloween card years back(Scrap Girls)
I used my Martha Stewart Cobweb border punch, added 6 purple brads, loads of Stickles Glitter to the edges and the stars on the paper, then added some fish skeletons again.. .one day I will find my bat punch!!
Now, I've sort of followed the Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch, but I've gone and twisted the squares in the middle the other way again. My GDT card is here (I might add it just for fun)
The inside 'Boo!' paper is a freebie. You can download them at Free Digital Scrapbooking HERE (get the spooks with the spiders too!)
The font is a freebie. It's called Spinstee, you can download it HERE where you'll find loads more 'witchy' fonts.
This card is an invite to a Halloween Party. Hope you'll join in with my Numbers challenge over on Quirky Crafts and also have a go at Stella says Sketch on the Bugaboo Challenge blog too! Go now!! That's it!
Thanks for stopping by!! Waaay past my bed time!!! Back later to add some...

17 comments:

  1. I got this freebie too...hope to find time to color it up! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS - that is just wonderful. I love this new digi and you have done it proud here Spyder. This so rocks !!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful Halloween card. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Halloween card and that Dustin Pike images is purfect
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and I love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fab/ Lovely image and coloring. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Spooktacular card Lyn! I've never seen Dustin Pike's work before - it's great :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card ....Dustin Pike has done some fun images over the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is perfect! The fact that it has a cat on it makes it even better! :) Love all the layers, the colors and everything about it! Absolutely adorable!
    Thanks also for sharing the source of your papers and fonts. They are great as well!
    Thank you for sharing your cards with us! I love seeing them! Hope you have a great week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing job on your card. I love the info on doing the overlay.
    Nancy mulberrystation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the orange brew! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this week at My Mums Craft Shop!! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card Lyn and so so so pleased you entered Bugaboo :-)
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! I love the papers and fun image. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun take on Stella's sketch! Love how you colored this sweet Halloween image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Stella Challenge” with Bugaboo Stamps! It has been so nice to have you join us .

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning card. Beautiful design. I appreciate this so much. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies