Saturday 12 May 2012

Where was I Today?

Not much crafting done this week but today was very sunny and quite hot (woohooo!) so we (me, him in doors, sis-in-law, Debs and Little Pam who's about 80 and 4'10, but very nimble and can talk for England!) set off for a Food Festival. Soooo many people! Not many foody pictures, as I forgot my camera.
We watched TV chef Lesley Waters cook some yummy food. Afterwards, feeling very hungry, we set off to follow the gorgeous roasting smells emanating from the closed off high street, (which also lead to the pub...) when little Pam spotted a book stall at the back of the marquee. "Oho I wonder if John would like a cook book for his birthday?" (next month) So off she toddled. (Luckily she was in bright yellow other wise we might've lost her) After a while we noticed she was chatting to the TV personality Lesley Waters, "Oho I didn't realise it was really you! How lovely! I mean, I didn't expect to see you this close up! Well I never!"
"Would you like me to sign the book?"
"Ohoo yes please, how lovely! Could you sign it, 'To Tuppenny' please!"
"Yes of course, could you spell-er and is Tuppenny you?" Pam laughed and waved to John who took the picture with his mobile. "No! There's Tuppenny over there!"
"Come on over!" called Lesley to John and Debs. So John got to shake hands with Lesley, while Pam told her how she'd always called him Tuppenny since he was little. "He was such a lovely baby!" Tomorrow it's Saturday Kitchen's James Martin's turn to cook up something scrumptious. I'll buy John a James Martin cook book this time, but I won't be asking him to sign it, 'To Tuppenny'!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lyn, you are so going to hate me.........you were at Christchurch Food Festival :) Didn't you see me stalking you?

    That's Charlestown, Exbury yesterday and now Christchurch - hat trick to me?

    Enjoy the rest of weekend - still grinning about Tuppence :)

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you all had ! You do make me chuckle Lyn, with your tales..hehe James Martin l love all his 'sweet treats' !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn it sounds like you are having lots of fun at the food festival.
    I hope you get some lanswers from the consultant tomorrow

    Take care
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a go at cross-stitching if you can pull yourself away from your other projects. It's relaxing and makes amazing pictures. I use to cross stitch (lots of other stuff too) before cards came along and dragged me awwwaaayyy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies