Tuesday 19 May 2009

Midnight Maddness Tilda

I hope I'm not too late to enter this Tilda card into the challenge over on Midnight Madness, but here it is anyway! My computer's feeling very sick and won't load up or is that down load pictures (Or it takes sooo long I have time to tidy my craft-room and visit Santa in his North Pole Grotto!)
I've actually had to down load this picture straight from the camera. (Never done that before)
The papers are 'K-Ology' by K&Company, all greens, browns with a dash of mauve. I've been trying all week to finish it, my problem was getting the two ovals to look good together, so I ended up cutting the underside one out of some nice glittered parchment, so you couldn't actually see too much of it.
The corners, the oval frame Tilda is standing on, the flower and the 'Just for you' were all made using Woodware Punches, except for the little oval I fixed the sentiment on, that's by CraftToo. Not really happy with this punch, it's extremely hard to punch 'upside down' (that's the punch- not me!) so I could see what I was punching and line it up with the words and the pattern. It's very hard to hold whilst doing this and virtually impossible to line it up with the words. In the end I used the Woodware circle punch and then stuck it on the oval...bet yer didn't notice that!
Aw, well, you'll need a magnifying glass! Here's the sketch I followed, see what I mean about the ovals. I just couldn't get two the same size to work, not enough was showing. A bigger one would have been better~but I haven't got a bigger one! (shh! I ended up using two underneath)
More pictures of this later,when my laptop has stopped Pole Dancing!!
And once more as if by magic...more picture's appear!
This other Tilda card is the one I made last week, in plenty of time to enter it into the challenge, but didn't. I just wasn't happy with it...Pink Petticoat Paper is one of my favs but...nope....it really didn't 'jell'... could've done with a bigger oval even on his smaller card... different papers even......and something's missing....it's not quite 'right!' I hope it's new owner will like it!
Now before I go, the conga line is getting longer! We have another follower and I'm extremely pleased to welcome Debby4000. Please pop over and see her blog. There are some amazing brilliant, super-fantastic cards over there, every single one is a work of art! you'll drool! I so wish I could make cards like that! (Now you'll understand what I 'm trying to say about little Tilda card up there...sez me whispering.)
Well, time for coffee and a chocolate biscuit, I think. Thanks for stopping by, back later....computer permitting... "Mwah!"
(great word isn't is! I've just found it..mwah!_ it's a kiss!)

2 comments:

  1. Hand over the chocky biscuits then!!! Come on spyder girl you know you want to share them!!! You cracked me up with the little song on my blog.....you're a trip!!!
    Hey, it's not too late to enter for MMSC1.....you've got until Midnight tonight....California time!! So maybe if you're extra sweet to your computer, he'll be nice and work with you to add the pickies......be nice!!! Come on spin that magic web of yours and get the cards entered in......just keep the web off of my blog ok!!! NO WEB MAKING, EIGHT LEGGED THINGYS ALLOWED!!!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spyder, what a great card...I removed you from week 2 and added you to week 1 here

    http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/2009/05/testing.html

    would love to see what you can do with MMSC2

    Thanks for playing you you made it.. you had till Midnight EST.

    Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies