Monday 11 May 2009

Day in the Garden

Okay...I know this is supposed to be cards and crafty stuff...but it does say Spyder's Corner up there and this is what I do when I'm not doing anything else... My runner beans are taking off...in fact you could even say they were running out of the green house, their little tentacles making for the open window! So I was hoping to get them planted outside today.
We have a very small garden so there's no room for neat rows of veg. They have to grow where they're put! (except the strawberries, you can't argue with a strawberry, they grow where they want.) We've got potatoes in dustbins and black bags, a pear and a cherry tree in pots and a potted apple tree that produces three different kinds of very small but very juicy apples...well, there were about half a dozen last year, four pears and the blackbirds got the cherries! Today though, something else was going on in the garden. Every year a pair of Blackbirds nest in our garage, on a shelf or on top of whatever's on the shelf! But this year, we had Robins and today the little fledglings left the nest.. I was getting the large pots ready for the runner beans when I heard chirping and there it was, a tiny little robin in our garage. I swooped it up and put in down at the end of the garden where there's plenty of cover. Mum, dad and a couple of siblings soon showed up. Aw, so cute! I continued to dig out some soil from the large pot, looking for those horrid little white grubs that eat the roots, I found a few, nipped off to get my camera and they were gone! Found a few more and caught one of the robin's helping himself. Pictures show one of the robins calling the babies; one of the babies; the white grubs with their parent, that black beetle type creature~they eat the leaves~(note I'm wearing gloves! ) the other picture shows the robin helping himself to the grubs from my old wheelbarrow.
After all that, my poor beans still didn't get planted, I couldn't find a ball of string anywhere...I wonder who's nicked off with that? Probably the hedgehog. Still, tomorrow's another day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your garden story! Love the pics too! I love the Tilda card from 2 previous posts. Theya re so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great garden story ! always so enteratining your blog love the other cards and posts too love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies