Tuesday 1 December 2009

Purple Penny Black

Hi everyone, how you diddling? Wet? The sunroof in my car is leaking again. Yep, I get soaked every time I go round a left hand bend! Don't laugh! A couple of ducks are thinking about renting out my boot! (Trunk, for those of you in the USA)
This card had to be purple for the monthly challenge I'd intended to enter it in to, but... I missed it! Yes! I missed a monthly challenge! Where did November go? I kept changing the card from being dotting and spotty to flowery and stripy and I just couldn't choose an image either. For the last week it's be sitting on my printer, naked! Until a sheet of Penny Black Stickeroo's fell out of a folder. And look, the little hedgie has a purple balloon! So I think it all matches quite well now and suddenly it changed from being a card I wasn't too keen on, to one that's not too bad after all!
I may've miss one challenge but I was clever enough (Clever? Moi?) to use the sketch from PaperPlay Challenges, so I'm hoping I'm not too late for that one! I've just been blog hopping and found 'Pile it On'
Their challenge #26 this week is Flowers and Flourishes...I think this fits, there's flowers and the papers have flourishes! (flowerishes! I never did get 'spelling'!) I think I might go hunt out another challenge!
All the papers are Pink Petticoat. The Penny Black. The Stickeroo was fixed on to acetate first and then cut out and then fixed to the card with silicone glue. I used Woodware and Martha Stewart punches and a Cuttlebug 'Happy Birthday' folder through my BigShot. The lacy bit is actually the 'waste' from that sticky paper lace you can buy on a roll. There's no glitter on the card at the moment but there might be by the time I send it off!
Any freebies? Just the font. It's called Susie's Hand and you can download it HERE. Or HERE or just Google it!
Sorry about the picture quality, but it's sooo dark! We have those energy saving lights that make every thing look yellow!
I didn't do any blogging over the weekend, but, as if by magic, something will appear down below, later....so, you'll have to scroll down to see Tom, my son-in-law, showing off the Christmas Cards he made, over the weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

21 comments:

  1. lovely card..love the image and the colour is gorgeous..
    mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such a brill combination of colours and papers and the lil hedgie is so sweet and WOW to your arrangements of flowers, they're beautiful :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous,
    Fantastic colour,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cardope the ducks don't take up permanent residence!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lyn! I just found a card for a challenge I missed about two months ago, so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn

    How clever of youto pick my favourite colour!! Love your card.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a stunning card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Lyn - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous colour and fab. flowers. Cute little hedgie too! Hope your clicking finger is getting better.
    Lotsa love, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Penny Black and this is so cute!! YOur colors and design are gorgeous!! Love all the texture and your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LYn, this is beautiful! too bad you missed the other challenge. Life does get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorjus card hun love all the detail and such beautiful colours too hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Lynn long ttime no see!!! Thanks for joining paperplay

    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and gorgeous colour!
    Hugs
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you believe what a bad blogger I am, sorry for not visiting in the last couple of days. I just adore this lovely creation dear, fabulous colouring
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Lyn, love the colours!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Lynne,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the colours and the sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card....and your photography skills are a lot better than mine.....I find it hard enough in the summer....now it's impossible!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super card and colouring Lyn. Love your papers, punching and fab sequince detail.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sorry about your sunroof that sucks... but so glad you found us hopping around the internet. I think your card is gorgeous. I just keep looking at it... so many layers of goodness.

    Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It on!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies