Wednesday 29 October 2014

Quirky Charades? Is it a book, a film or a Song?

It's a Song and I'm home! Three weeks sitting on dogs... and a whole week with no blogging. That must be a first. The dogs we've been looking after have their 'mummy and daddy' back and any minute now, I'll be in my lovely bed, but, no peace for the wicked, I must get this DT card out as it's really late this time. 
Last Sunday, Quirky Craft's set a new challenge, thought up by Doris who wants us to play Quirky Charades, with, 'Is it a book, a film, or a song?' Yay!  Mine's a Song! (You've said that)
We're sponsored this time by Limited Runs, Paper Pretties and Robyn's Fetish, so there'll be some yummy prizes!
 I've used a digi from Limited Runs, this cute Little Santa. And my song?? I had to do simple or my brain just might explode! "Let It Snow," of course!
I started off putting the little Santa over my own Snowy paper, colouring him on the computer and then printing him off about four or five times so I could 3-D him.  I also printed the 'Let It Snow' sentiment under him at the same time.  
The freebie font I used, is called Curlz MT, just Google the name. Santa's fixed together with silicone glue. He has three heads and two body's, one with no arms or boots...I've also added an extra nose and moustache. Aw, poor Santa!
He really could do with some stickles too... so I'll just go and add that!
I covered a blank card with some patterned silver card, added the topper to some too, then added blue and white snow flake paper by PinkPetticoat. I've used the some PinkPetticoat Papers inside too. Then fixed on some white eye-lash wool.
The large snowflake is recycled, although the original gem was smaller. I had a sheet of  silver edged die-cut sentiments by Craft Creations, (They're going to be very useful!) and added  'Let it Snow' and a silver edged snowflake. The other tiny snowflakes were punch out with a Woodware Punch. I used the white card waste from the sentiments, see, said they'd be useful! (I throw nothing away!) Then I decided to add that corner die-cut and last but not least, Santa just had to have a fluffy pom-pom!
That's it I think... No, not quite... the last picture here shows Santa with a smidging of Stickles Glitter Glue on his hat and coat. Have to have a little bit of sparkle on a Christmas card! Pop over to Quirky Crafts and join in, the team have made some fabulous creations!
Challenges
Limited Runs Stamps-gallery
Pile it on-create a scene
Decorate to celebrate- anything goes
Digi stamps 4 joy-anything goes

13 comments:

  1. Cute card, I like the bobble on his hat! Glad you escaped from the dog house!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be in my own bed...no dogs... they do snore loudly!

      Delete
  2. Cute card - love that holographic paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holographic paper! Of course! I was racking my brain trying to think what it was called! Thank you Kitty!!

      Delete
  3. Very cool cute card. This is pure joy :-) Glad you are back.
    Hmmmmm .. 'sitting on dogs' .. eh ??? I bet they are pretty squished by now hahahaha LoL xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very very squished and tired out! And so am I!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes I think Nikki's image is very cute too!

      Delete
  5. Lyn, This card is just so cute! I love that adorable Santa. Your scene you created is wonderful. I even showed this card to my Mom because I liked it so much. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Lyn! Love all the texture to it! So pretty with all the embellishments! AWESOME! Love all the silver touches too! I bet you are so happy to be home! Have a great weekend! :)
    I used one of your images on a card I have on my blog. I got some really nice compliments to the people I've shown it to; they adored your image too!
    http://catnipandkittywhiskers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I like this card, I need some inspiration to get started on my Chrissy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang !!! I just missed the Quirky Challenge ..... mine was gonna be White Christmas (film) Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer (song) and Spartacus (film/book) hahaha LoL
    This may sound weird but I used your Freebies for it HERE;
    http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.gr/2014/11/purr-fect-christmas.html

    Bwaahahaha LoL
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies