Tuesday 29 July 2014

A Quirky Cat, a link to freebies and Belated Birthday Wishes Les!

At Last, here I am with my third DT card for the Quirky Crafts Challenge. Oriental is the theme. So come and join in!
I started off with a cream pearl card 5x7 300gsm by docrafts Papermania.  I've used, along with one of their sentiments, 'Happy Birthday', Mewshu Pork cat from Squigglefly 
The Pussy cat's been 3D-ed, but only a little bit this time. One of him has no tail and the last layer is just his bowl. I've printed him over some Chinese dragon paper I had, onto some smooth heavy weight card that isn't supposed to bleed when using Promarkers, but his legs went a bit South...or maybe I mean North! Well, I guess if you use enough Promarker ink it's gonna bleed no matter what. Never mind! He's 'supposed' to look like that!
The backing papers I found later they're called Cherry Blossom. I just had to use them. They were freebies from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine ages back and have an Oriental feature of flowers and fans. You can still find them HERE! Always worth a visit for freebie papers!  My tip is to print them on the best printer paper you have at least 120 to160 gsm,  (not on 80 to 90 copy paper, it's a waste of ink!!!))
Anyway, I must have printed them out when I first downloaded them (When my old printer was working and black printed out black, even with cheaper ink!)  as they were printed on the heavier smoother paper I can no longer buy and were fabulous. (I had to stroke them for ages before I could cut into them!)
I've added peel-offs; they look like brads don't they!?! These all came from  Create & Craft years ago too! I had loads, about 50 packets all with an Oriental theme. (So glad I found them!) These ones you can sew into, but I didn't have time for that.
 At the moment I've left the inside blank but covered with the matching papers, will fill it in when I send it off to Les, (John's step Dad) who's birthday card it is.  He always said my old cat, Gizmo, looked Chinese, so I knew this card was meant for him! And in the past, he's popped in to feed Mr Jinx when we've been away...I hope it wasn't Chow Mein!  Happy Belated Birthday Les! That's it for now, thank you for stopping by!!
Challenges

4 comments:

  1. Super card - I LUV the Mewshu kitty - excellent !!
    I've coloured Pawley up but haven't made my card with him yet :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn, This card is so adorable! I love that cat! He makes me smile. The fan paper is so gorgeous! I'll be checking out that link. I love things like that. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat card! Love the paper combo and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies