Sunday 23 March 2014

Quirky's Quirky Cupboard Reminder!

I'm a bit late tonight to join in with the reminder challenge over on Quirky Crafts. The theme is, cupboards, and shelves and things like that! In the week Cazzy reminded me, 'we hadn't used the lady' supplied by our wonderful Sponsors, Crackerbox Palace... and I thought...er?? How am I going to use a picture of a lady if it's a cupboard challenge? So I put her in it... well why not, she's not going to complain! (oops, update, Cazzy said, 'Lyn, don't use the Lady..." well, when you think about it, that makes sence! So....no body look at the lady!) Right...onwards and upwards...
Here's my card. I've used the same cupboard as last week plus the lady...(which you mustn't look at) You've heard of the old woman who lived in a shoe? Well, this is the lady that lived in a cupboard. I did have a few sentiments typed out ready to go on the front... one was...."After drinking from the little bottle labelled 'Drink Me'.. .Alice couldn't get out of the cupboard." the other was..."Mary loved her new cupboard so much.....she moved in!"  And one more..."No one ever found Lucy's hiding place....they were too busy eating her birthday cake."
The frame of the cupboard, one drawer, one door and the teapot and doily are sort of 3D-ed, although I've squashed them down a bit too much. 
The card is made so you could if you wanted to, use the back or the inside as the front...
I've added gems, ribbon, stickles glitter, ric-rac, flowers, (tiny ones with plastic centres and a larger one with a metal brad as the centre) plus a die cut corner by Memory and a die cut 'Happy Birthday', which was free with a Crafty Magazine this month. 
The gingham paper on the front of the card is from a 6x6 stack called Wild Rose Studio 'Ginghams'. The other cris-crisy papers are from my stash.
The freebie font on the inside is called 'You Are What You Eat' and you can download that from www.dafont.com
 That's it I think, thank you for stopping by! I hope to add this to a few....
Challenges 
 The Crafter's Cafe-Square Card
Just Keep on Creating-Anything Goes 
613 Avenue Create Anything Goes
Brown Sugar-Anything Goes
Dream it Up-Anything Goes
Wild Rose Studio 'Ginghams'
Creative Fingers-Anything Goes
My Craft Creations-Anything Goes 
 Pattie's Creations-Anything Goes 
 




4 comments:

  1. OMG Lyn you are too funny! And I hate to tell you but I see the lady! I love it! Before I read your post I thought "wow that's really creative of her to use the image like that" and the sentiments are equally funny! Thanks for the chuckle and playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how neat! I've never seen a card like this one before. How cute! Love all the details too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO..... I'd already looked at the Lady before you told me !!! Do I have to run and poke my own eyes out now ??????!!!!


    Fabulous card Spyder - such a pretty colour and I LUV the way you can change the front to the back etc. Awesome :-)

    Oh yeah - I used another of yours hee hee hee :-D
    http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.gr/2014/03/a-productive-day-2.html

    Huggies
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies