I have at last finished something I started. Well, not really as what I started was a Papier-mâché (French for chewed paper) sea horse/s...there was supposed to be six of them and I thought they looked like skinned dead mice, after the cat had played with them. They would've looked better once painted, but were really a bit too heavy looking for a flower arrangement I thought. (My mum's doing one of her festivals next week, it's about the sea, she has shells... and needed seahorses) So I thought I'd make them and mixed up paper and PVA glue..... then had a better idea.. (Thank goodness!) You can see the other one's in the picture look a bit...yuk!)
I used acetate and printed six of my digi' seahorse's on paper (that was a mistake, but I ended up using it!) and on the acetate. I threw some clear embossing power over them as soon as they came out of the printer, so the ink wouldn't smudge and very gently heat set it. The acetate 'wobbled' a bit, but it was okay. I had them facing both ways (you can turn them over as they are printed both sides) so they can be placed anywhere in the arrangement. I did colour the acetate first but that didn't work well, so coloured the paper and then stuck the two halves together, run the acetate seahorses through a Xyron with a permanent adhesive then stuck the two sides together. I've added stickles glitter to one of them so far, but that might be too much as they do glitter a bit anyway. (the embossing bit is on the out side so it 'feels' like scales) The digi is in the store for 99p. I'll show you the flower arrangement next week! Hope they're okay!