Saturday 19 February 2011

Recycled? Stone me!

Probably not what you can call real recycling, but many years ago we were sitting on a pebble beach, probably West Bay (or maybe not) and me, being into gardening at the time and laying paths and building rock gardens, suddenly noticed how 'nice' the little stones were. Not great lumps, all sharp and flint like, straight from a gravel pit, as found on our local beach, but tiny, round, smooth, almost gem-like, which glittered happily as the waves gently run back and forth over them. I filled a small bag with these little stones. Back then of course it wasn't taboo to remove pebbles and shells from the beach as it is now. Later I decided they were far too pretty to edge a small pond so instead used them to cover a rather cheap wooden picture frame. And this is it. I used PVA glue to fix them to the frame. The Die-cut Heart ♥ was made from a photo glue tube. Don't forget Quirky Craft's has a recycled romance challenge still going on at the moment...I was going to swap the picture for one of a wedding but decided, little Maria would look just fine.
New Followers! Hi and and a big (((wave)) to Nancy, a new blogger, who has made some lovely cards using my digis. Dragonllew, no link but I think I've found you! Alsteely, no link here and too many on Goggle to choose (they might not be you!) Lisa, another no linker and Sally!! Yay Sally has two blogs. I 'know' Sally through forums, I think Sally's blog was the first or second one I joined and then just had to have a go at making my own...it took me months to work things out (deleted it once by mistake!) but I'm now coming up to my second year!!
There's only one Challenge I've found so far I thought I could enter this into...(not read all the rules yet!!) so I hope it fits! Have a Happy Weekend. Thanks for stopping by!!!

This weeks WOYWW and freebie here and Spot The Difference Here

Challenge
All sorts challenge-inspired by nature (pebbles and Rhododendrons)

14 comments:

  1. I really love this, I'm a collector, love pebbles and shells ect...I keep them in a box, and now see I must use them lol. Love all the insiration we get through the blogs. Not heard we have the no scooping rule on our beaches here in england...yet. Beautiful Work. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea to use the pebbles in this way! I'm going to have to try it....tfs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn, This is a gorgeous project and Maria is very cute, don't you just love them at that age, the pics I have of my kiddies in my scrapbook always bring back such great memories. especially the first ice cream cone and icky things like that. Hugs Heidi xx ps I have small round pebbles and some larger ones too from when I was a little girl, I found them in a very old cardboard box in the attic the other day. aparently i always came home from hols with one or two and this box was where mum stashed them for me. Aww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can 'buy' these little smooth little pebbles from pet shops (for Fish tanks) I'm sure no one's going to get too mad if you're just taking the odd handful but taking them from places where they are there to help protect the shore from the raising sea is definitely forbidden. I think a few years ago, with garden programmes on the telly, people were actually turning up with wheel barrows and lorries!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous creation, love the use of stones, cute pic too
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea for all the small rocks my dh and I collect while out rockhounding all over the USA. The pic of little Maria is adorable in that frame. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fab take on our challenge, your frame looks fab
    Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Lyn and Maria looks very cute

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous frame to set of such a sweetie!
    Chris xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh they are shiny - I would never have thought of using them like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lyn those stones look a bit like the ones you put in fish tanks and I agree they are so pretty and seems sensible to use them around a photo frame as its achieved a stunning result, love the photo in it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a way to use up those treasured pebbles! And that photo is just gorgeous!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project perfect for our challenge this week...

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies