Tuesday 14 July 2009

Valley of The Kings

Fascinating, isn't it, The Valley of The Kings, where for over 500 years tombs were being constructed as monuments to Kings, who thought they were immortal. It was believed the Pyramids were designed as a type of "Resurrection Machine" that could magically launch the deceased Pharaoh's soul directly to the gods. The making of one pyramid took years and years but these little ATC's took a few hours over a couple of days.
It's a stamped image~ah! You thought it was a picture didn't you! (C'mon humour me) and guess what I coloured them with? (wet cellery?) No...wrong... gel pens ...yes ...And not your expensive ones either. One was metallic, another had glitter and smelt of raspberries..(Why? I don't know!)
I made one for a forum swap (over on CardmakingPapercraft) and it'll be flying all the way to Pakistan tomorrow. I was only going to do the one but found the colouring in so therapeutic, I just kept going!
I guess he's supposed to be Tutankhamum (Or Tutankhamen as blogger wants to spell it) came in a set of three, The Pharaoh, The Eye and some script writing, bought from my local (not really a craft) shop, for around £7, which I didn't think was too bad, and the paper was a pressie from Tom (son-in-law) and came in a book of papers, so everything came together just right.
The first Pharaoh is the only one covered with Glossy Accents and keeps trying to lift up from the 3D foam squares that I've used to fix it to the card, so I left the others, with the exception of the one that's cut in half to make two ATC's and that's covered with 'gold shimmer' by Crown paint. (Not sure if it still made) I have a small matchpot and thought, I wonder what it would look like if I covered it in...this....well, you have to try these things, don't you.
Somewhere at the back of my mind (it's very dark in there) I can remember there's a challenge out there somewhere, involving script...now I wonder if any one would count hieroglyphics as script?? Hmm? Well, it was to the Pharaoh's and who am I to argue with them?
I've found the challenge over on Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog
Go on, pop over and have a go!
Now, in my search of blogland and the Internet for write ups on all things Tutanhamun and Egyptian, I came across something that might please (I know it did me) someone I chat to over on TrimCraft and here too...
Pharaohs, Moderns and Dylexics... It's nice to know that I'm 'highly intuitive and insightful' ...I think... I'll just go and look it up!
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. these are just brilliant hun so much info too love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,wow ,i don´t have a words it´s so so beautiful...JLaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol love your little bit of history story had me enthralled I think you would make a good book writer you make it sound such fun lol. As for your ATC's these are certainly three little gems and sure think the Pharaohs would be pleased with them as well lol.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.....Lorraine if you only knew!!

    .....one day...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of atcs Lyn and great to have that info re the Pharoahs - I loved reading it.
    See crafters can give historical lessons as well as craft lol Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh wowww Lyn,what beautiful,l love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyn
    How amazing - after sending my e-mail to you, (and blubbering all the way through), I have now found the real-life Pharaohs on your Blog! These are wonderful Lyn. Also, thank you for your lovely comment on my Dragonfly!
    Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow my step daughter would love your card, shes really loves anything to do with Egypt. Its really bright and stunning. with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Lyn - forgot to say a big Thank You for following my blog!
    Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lyn these are spectacular
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what great ATCs. My daughter will be doing about the Pharaohs next year at school. If you have any left I'm sure she'd love to swap with you

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hubby loves to watch the history channel so I have learned a lot about Pharoahs and tombs. Great coloring and designs on your ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ((Sorry bad spelling mistake))
    Craftymumof3 will pm you on the forum

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynn these are brilliant,the primary schools project last term was egypt and as i was doing my cleaning i loved seeing there projects,you know they made a life size syrgophacus...excuse if i spelt that wrong,which i probably did ,lol,it was stunning and a pyramid..no not life size but they did have to move a fair bit of tables and chairs,lol.
    Was fascinating and made me wish{almost]that i was back at school.
    Have thourghly enjoyed myself over here as usual and if you have a mo can you pop by mine as i have something for you.
    Have a great day
    hugs
    tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a lot of coloring - and the dimension is fantastic! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant atc's!!!! So creative, so beautiful!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous and what wonderful attention to details. You really did a spectacular job bringing King Tut back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did an outstanding job with the coloring and putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. these are fantastic Lyn, the images are coloured so beautifully
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies