Wednesday 29 July 2009

CD-ROM Papers

I don't usually buy 'Complete Cardmaking with your PC' magazine as it's a little more that I usually pay and quite a lot 'thinner' than other Crafty mags and I was thinking, 'hmmm, I could buy something crafty instead.' But there was something pink and shiny on the front cover, so I succumbed and bought it. It came with a free CD-Rom which appears to be packed with loads of digital elements to download and print again and again.
I Googled the mag, part of the Crafts-on-the-Net- group and was very surprised to see, what looked like, the same mag with CD-Rom advertised on their own website for quite a lot more! (and it had sold out!) *Since typing this the price has been changed
Check out the link, there's a forum (I'm there somewhere) and a gallery with plenty of lovely makes to give you ideas and, if you hunt them out, freebies!
I've looked at the pictures in the mag, but I still need time to study the words! There's two Crafters Companion designs sets from their Boys and Girls (Space rocket and pretty pink Castle) collections to print out with toppers, backing papers, inserts and other elements. So now I'm beginning to think this buy was a very good bargain! I made this card really quickly for a forum birthday, as I was waaay behind with my makes again. I used the paper from the 'Summer Fun' collection, which also includes letters and numbers and there's 'Cherry Pie', that also has lovely bright colours...
Okay...are you paying attention? Who can spot my (deliberate) mistake?
Before I go I'd like to welcome two new followers to Spyder's little dusty Corner! Yayyy!! (actually if you could see, it's really Spyder's very messy, paper up to my ears, I can't find the cat, corner. Anywaaaay, a big (((wave)) first to Johanna of Johanna's Creative Garden. Johanna makes lovely cakes, uses her cross-stitch-to decorate her cards and also her avatar, called The Kiss, was cleverly made by her too! (I'm rubbish at sewing!)
"Hi!" and a big (((wave)) to Kirsten from Kirsten's Krafty Place, which most of you must know as she has a trillion followers and is busy doing all sorts of crafty things everywhere! Pop over to see her lovely blog, don't forget to wish her a Happy Birthday and see what lovely blog candy she has for some lucky winner! That is it for now...I'm going to play with the 'post time thingy, and set this Post to appear round about 8.30 tomorrow morning. I've only just found out you can do that! With any luck this will magically appear while I'm on my way to work! More ATC's tomorrow.... that's if the Aliens don't come back, and maybe a card using something else from the CD-Rom. The fairy Castle perhaps!?!
Oh, did you spot the mistake???? Haha...No! I'm not telling!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous card, love the inside too.
    Loved the alien story.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Lyn,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card it is lovely the way it all comes together.
    Tina x
    http://christinasretreat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky with that magazine I picked mine up in Chipping Norton's WHSmiths, so I do so hope you manage to get a copy of the mag, as Ive used the papers on my blog as well. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies