Monday 6 July 2009

A Card For Winnie: 100 years old today!

My mum asked on Saturday, "Have you made that card for Winnie yet? Y'know, the one I mentioned about two months ago..."
Ooops! That's the trouble, when you're living in my world, hours become days, days become weeks and before you know it...you're 100 years old! Wow..Can you image being that young! In 1909, Woolworths open it's first Uk Store. Louis Bleriot became the first man to fly across the English Channel~ closely followed by the invention of the anti-aircraft gun. Geronimo died. Joan of Arc was declared a saint. There's been two World Wars, Man's landed on the Moon, computer's are common place in most homes, phones take pictures, meanwhile Lyn's running around like a headless chicken..."I'm right on that Mum!"
In my hurry I made it open the wrong way, but at least it wasn't upside down! I could cope with it opening upwards until I printed out the insert...yep, I printed it landscape...and on my last bit of lilac paper too, so used blue instead. I don't think it looks too bad. I took it round to Mum's first thing this morning after making an envelope to go with it, still sticky with glue!
All the printing was done on the computer. I used Pink Petticoat papers and Forever Friends 3D decoupage. I had to cut the last of my silicone glue from the tube! (Talk about sticky fingers!!) I've also fixed (using 2 in 1 Glue pen) some tiny stars, gems and splinters of gold, to make it look as though the bubbly has just popped! The Scalloped Square card isn't a card, but comes from a packet of coloured card by Papermania, which I've fixed to another (slightly smaller) card. It's about eight and a half inches square, so a little bigger than I normally do. I used my two new Woodware punches. One cuts out a swirly shape. I used it on the corners... and the other a HUGE three and a half inch scalloped circle, which is fantastic. I can't wait to get the square and the oval and the circle and the...all of them!
Now then, over on Susie's Die Cuts Dreams there's a challenge and I've just spotted some of the DT have used the same Swirly punch on their cards too, so I might just put this card in for that challenge. Better check the rules first! And there's also a decoupage challenge over on C.R.A.F.T. Challenge, so I think I might join that too! As you can see in the picture, I've had to join two pieces of paper to make the insert. Normally I would've covered the join but run out of time. There really isn't enough of it!

22 comments:

  1. WOW 100 !! and that card is stunning darling
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to reach 100, an amazing age and a fabulous card too, it's stunning.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is gorgeous, and your story made me laugh out loud, I have been there so many times...
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a brilliant job Lyn - I love the way you've created the scallop card - what a great idea! Never thought of doing that!! Thanks also for your lovely comment on my Forever Friends card - it's much appreciated. Cripes - just seen the time - it's almost midnight!
    Have a great week,
    Love, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey you know the time does go that quickly doesn't it and all those historic facts as well as this most gorgeous card lol you have spoilt us. Love your design and the effect of the bubbly the colours are just perfect well done.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you every one!! ILove Forever Friends, they're just soooo cute! and Mum's said, 'Winnie loves her card!'
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 100!!! My mom made it to 96.
    Impressive age & a beautiful card to celebrate! She is going to luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatufiful and cute card...Hugs JLaura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowee 100!!! absolutely stunning card Lyn very pretty inside and out. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn, oh my goodness....100!! Bless her heart.

    Fabulous Card Lyn. Love the colours & detail.

    Have a gr8 day poppet

    Hugs
    Lisa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Lyn,l love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fantastic card, love all it details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card is gorgeous, and your story too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card! I love this sweet little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Lynn, I'm not surprised Winnie loves it! You sound like me, leaving things to the last minute! Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge with this sweet card!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really lovely card Lyn - know where you are coming from. I do have a list of cards to make - but always helps if I just do them when asked....as to everything else - been there done that - spelling is my big problem - even been known to stick letters on back to front! Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep...I spelt CelAbration wrong, luckily I spotted it BEFORE I stuck it down, sometimes the little rhymes in my head don't work~if I can't even say the word properly!! Celeeee, not Celaaaa
    Well, at least it wasn't as bad as...Humpty Dumpty....(Not a good one to spell wrong!!)

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done on creating such a lovely card in such a short time.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a lovely card, and congrats on winning the C.R.A.F.T challenge with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh woWW! I won! tHANk YoU Angela and Donna (who emailed me!) Fancy that, me...winning!...I'll probably post it later! Hoping to get a picture of Winnie the 100 year old lady with her (winning) card!
    wooooooooppeeee!
    ((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies