Thursday 4 June 2009

Summer Shaker

I love these lush freebie Scrapbook papers I down loaded from Summer Driggs lovely blog. I just had to make a couple of shaker cards. Get the link, Summer Shaker...see, clever eh? Pop over and leave some lovely comments. Summer has some wonderful kits, plus a few 'how to' tutorials. (The kit's called Easy Breezy, also, look out for other lovely kits in older posts, go and have a hunt!!)
This was a very quick and easy breezy card, (as I'm late once more with forum birthday cards! sorry!) I didn't add any contrasting paper inside the window this time, as I thought the big blue flower was too good to hide, so I just fixed the acetate frame straight over the beads and onto the card, with thin 3D foam pads, so I didn't have to pay for a 'large letter' post!(call me scrooge!)
I added a few sparkly peel off dots, inside the window, curling round like a stem and a bit of Sticklers glitter on the flowers and leaves. The hedgehog (and ladybirds) are Penny Black Stickeroos. I always feel I cheat when I use them ~ they're so cute and easy! This one was fixed onto acetate first, so you couldn't see the pattern through his tummy and so he could actually stick to the card (over the frame) I've used a dollop of silicon to hold him in place (Looks like he's looking at the ladybirds, doesn't it!) The wording is a clear stamp by Papermania. In the freebie kit there's loads of elements and ribbons. Wish my small brain could get round digi scrapping!!
I didn't have any navy or dark paper for the inside, (the blank card was a very dark blue) only a really really nice linen black...and I wasn't going to use that for the insert. (call me scrooge again!) So I just stuck a few pieces inside, along with Loony Lyn.
I inked all the edges with..(can you tell, I'm looking, reading and copying this off the lid?!) Blue Iris, from the ColorBox Petal Point fluid Chalk option pad. (bit of a mouthful!) I've used this a lot for edging lately and the little sponges don't wear well, going a bit rough around the edges.(like me!)
Now, what do you put on the back of your cards? My old cartoony type cards used to have, 'Oh no! Not Another Lyn-loony' and.. 'An arm and a leg plus V.A.T' where the price should be...I decided I needed something a little more sophisticated these days, a bit more posher...so I came up with, Loony Lyn and my email with the background to match the papers on the card... Dragonsmoore being the Title of one of my 'never ending stories'. You'd have to be very clever to find it on Google! (No I'm not linking it, as it's very old and I've changed it a million times since then!~just can't remember the password to take it off) Anyway, I'd love to know what you put on the back of your cards, if anything! A squashed toad, a thumb print...Catch you tomorrow, with another Summer Shaker...

15 comments:

  1. The card is clever Fab!

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love those papers must go have a look I do love shaker cards I have tried them several times mainly at Christmas they are fun.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Spyder, what a great shaker! I love the colors and your creativity! I am now Following You now. I wanted to thank you for stopping by to enter for the Blog Candy so I could find your blog. You also need to Follow Me to be eligible to win. I hope that's okay with you. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Shirley! I was just loving your ATC!! (didn't realise!) am now following you (in a nice way)and have entered your candy on my sidebar

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another awesome card ! Your creativitiy not only shows in your cards but your blog as well. It's like a treasure box really. Thanks for all that you do and for sharing your wisdom! :) Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shakers!! Yours is gorgeous!! Love the colors and the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Lyn,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card. So bright & cheerful. I've never tried making a shaker card yet! Thanks for the inspiration & link.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely shaker card Lyn, the cute hedgehog is a great touch
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are not the only one who likes Summer Driggs papers, shes so creative. Your card is also stunning. WEll done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card ...Hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards Spyder, everything works so well together on them :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi just wanted to let you know that Ive left you something on my blogspot. love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies