Sunday 21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day: Shaker Card

Happy Father's Day all you dad's and Grand dads and, Great Grand dad's even! 21st of June and the longest day of the year, 16 hours and 45 minutes of day time.~ or of course~ the shortest night. The Summer Solstice. Did any one go and dance around a stone circle and watch the sun come up at 3.46 this morning? No, me neither, as usual the cat woke me up around seven, purring in my ear. Feed me. Feed me. Which brings me to my Dad's card. (There's a cat on it) It's covered in denim blue with a Penny Black Stickeroo. I always wondered where and how I would use this cat with his 1st prize rosette. My dad grows flowers for shows and wins loads of rosettes so I thought Ah! Dad, as I'm allowed to add flowers to his cards. The little ladybirds were originally stuck to miniature pegs. (Don't worry, they're not real, they're made of wood!)The cat was first fixed to acetate and then attached to the card with a dob of silicone glue. (I tried 3D dots at first, but they showed through)
The font is called tYpEwRiTeR's ReVeNgE! (some of the letter's are reversed) and is freely available as a freebie download just google it, (there's loads to choose from!) I used raffia, instead of ribbon around the shaker frame, as dad often uses it to tie up his plants. I've also added last years Father's Day card, as I didn't have a blog then. Another Penny Black Stickeroo, with a gardening theme of course.
Emma made her dad a perfect card, so I just had to add that too. Lovely photo of her with her very proud dad, on her Wedding Day last October. She bought the silver peel-offs from Trago Mills, when she was down in Cornwall last week. I've also added the birthday card she made to the post further down...
I think I've made up for not posting since Wednesday! I also have Blog Awards to dish out! And I'm very late with Birthday cards!! They're in the post! Honest. (She lies) Sorry about that, but I had a couple of extra days at work, which puts money in the Trip to Seattle Piggy Bank, so I mustn't grumble! Anyway, it's given me time to think about Blog Candy. I can remember saying something a few weeks back, as my hits were slowly reaching 2000...well, they've gone a bit past that now! So I'll get my thinking cap on. I want to do something as a thank you to all my lovely supportive followers. Something that may get you all making and doing things so, watch this space...or more likely, a future posting!

14 comments:

  1. Oh hun I love what you have done with the Penny Black cat its fab and just perfect for your dad and his flowers

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your father's day cards are wonderful! The shaker penny black one must have taken you ages. Just off to look at those fonts. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog about 6th challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beaytiful card...hugs JLaura

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much for your comment of my birthday, JLaura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Fathers Day cards are brilliant, I especially like this years one, love the colours and the cat is fab ! Your daughters card is good too, great pic ! I went to Trago Mills in Devon a couple of weeks back as well :) Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Fathers Day cards is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sure both your hubby and your dad were absolutely delighted with their Fathers day cards, they are extremely personal. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I just took a closer look at the card!! Gorgeous work!! So beautiful!!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW lovely Fathers Day card ! I cant remember the last time i made a card :-] Thankyou for dropping by my blog........oh and lovely holiday pics enjoyed looking through those ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Father's Day cards Lyn, I love the inside too, and the ladybird! Thanks for visiting my blog too, love Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi , thanks for stopping by my blog..

    Your cards are stunning your a very talented card maker it shines through in your work.

    Hope your having a great week
    All the best Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card.Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful Lyn.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies