Tuesday 16 June 2009

Happy Birthday John

Hi everyone! We're back from the depths of Cornwall, sheep, Pasties, caravans, tents, cow pats and scrumpy...oh yes...and Pixies. Mustn't forget the Pixies. It's a little known fact that Cornish Pasties, are in fact made from Pixies.. .but we won't go there now...I have another little treat for you coming up very soon, if not sooner, some pics from Devon and Cornwall and a video, of me and yours truley making our way to the pub in Polperro. But for now I thought I'd just post John's Birthday card. What d'think? It's one of them 'Flippin' Men' cards. I drew the background myself, it's supposed to be our garden. I coloured it in using Whisper pens...and if you stay tuned, I'll put in a link at the bottom of this post to John actually cooking something yummy in our garden. 'Fraid I wouldn't let him wear his pinny though, as it's ummm...(she whispers) Michelangelo's David... yes well, less said, I think! What? You want a link to that!? Oh okay then..
I made a bit of a booby on this card, can you see? I used my Xyron 510 with permanent adhesive and of course once I started sticking down the back it didn't line up with the front. Any other glue would've been fine...still I don't think it looks too bad. I've added Emma's card to her dad down at the bottom, cute little monkey! Anyway, it's nice to be back!! Can't wait to pop over and see what you've all been doing!! But before I go, I want to welcome two new followers to Spyder's Corner. First Jilleebee! Hi Jilleebee, who's hiding out of sight with no picture. (Thinking I wouldn't spot you, I bet!) How are you getting on with those Inchies!!? Jilleebee found me in my Photobucket. Hurry up and build your blog and I'll put a link in, I wanna to see those Inchies!! Also, a big (((wave)) to Tanja. Pop over and see some lovely cards,~ I like the Dustin Pike's Monkey~ over on Tanja's Bastelwelt
Back later with pic's from Cornwall...and the video link...I can tell you can't wait!
Okay, here it is....John's cookery lesson, now you'll see why I made the card I did! (I think he thinks he's Jamie Oliver!!) In the Kitchen Part 1 and in the Garden part 2 In the Garden part 3...don't laugh!

20 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Not sure how you found me...but I wanted to check out your work and it's AWESOME!!! Wow - this card is so cool! I love it! Can't wait to browse around your blog!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lke you had a good braek in Cornwall.
    Love Johns card, love those "flippen men"

    Hugs Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this card is so darn cute!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job, that is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the cards I love Cornwall too! I have to just get in the car and GO!

    thanx for stoppin by my blog

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sugar plum glad you are back as we get to hear all your great stories again oh you do make me laugh. I have been to cornwall when the kids were little it was brill loved it there love the card its great love cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone...I've added the vid-clip so I hoped you had a peek at John doing his cooking!! (I think he might even start a blog next!!! Don't worry, he's NOT wear HIS pinny!!


    (((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I love the background you drew!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts always bring a smile to my face! You are so creative!! I love the flipping card and the background you drew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG,you crack me up! I was wondering where you were! A "BIG" HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Hubs and glad that you had a fab vacation. Your card is awesome,love love love it ! Best Regards, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW fantastic card,love the image and the background you drew is brilliant!!! Love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your cards are stunning , sounds like you had lovely time huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh me oh my missus wow superb crafty makes,loving your inchies and belated birthday wishes to John too...watched the videos!!!
    Go on he knows he wants to come to blogland!!
    Glad to see you are as mad as ever in the nicest possible way though,lol,have so missed popping over for my morning fix of mayhem and laughter...puppy is at the vets,so on here and no HW,will have to wait till later.
    Take care
    hugs
    tracy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, love the background you've made its brilliant.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome Back from your cornish travels ! Love the card, and your hand drawn background. I think the way you have stuck it gives it more depth, like a shadowing effect, so you could call it "serendipity" ..a happy accident :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a fun card
    Pop over to my blog as there is something for you...
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful Lyn,l love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card, hope you had a good time down here in cornwall and wasnt ripped off too much, m'handsome,hope you didnt get anything extra in the pasties, those pesky pixies are devils lol ju x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fanastic card Spyder, such a brill image, love the view from behind lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies