Monday 28 February 2011

My First Tag

This is my first go at making a tag for a swap over on the CardMaking & PaperCraft Forum. Book Marks last time, this time MotherGoose chose Tags, with a fabulous YouTube link to give us some ideas.
(What's that? A video link? Why didn't you watch it then?) Oho, don't be cheeky! Ok, so I didn't actually watch all the video... til now... but it's worth a look.. Anyway, back to this... the theme was, I think, Flowers and Lace. Actually this is my second tag as the first one ended up in the bin. (With all the bits that could be used again pulled off) I have done a few little Christmas tags before, but I've never put them on here, or I may've done, can't remember, anyway, they don't count! This is the first luggage size tag I've made...
This first picture is the front. (no!) I thought I'd better say, as to tell you the truth, I don't 'get tags'. What are they used for? I'm hardly going to tie this to my suitcase next time we nip over to Seattle, am I? (oh and talking of Seattle...picture of Mason in the snow coming up...)
Anyway, before you die of boredom, the second picture is the front again, showing another pulled out tag. There was a gap, so I thought I may as well use it.
The next picture shows the back, and this is where you can see I didn't watch all the video coz I covered it the same as the front and then wondered where I was going to add my details, but then in the fourth picture you'll see I've added another smaller tag, which is where I wrote my details... so they know who sent it. I know, I shoulda left that bit out and not owned up to it. What I need of course is, some more distressing stuff, more charms and lace and crackle paints and pearls...Hopefully, my next one will be better!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so cute!! Love it!! =) (I never get the point of tags either...maybe to put on birthday/wedding/whatever gifts?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course! I can see the point of making a lovely lacy wedding tag for a wedding gift, or a special birthday... I think it needs loads more bling...more lace, a different colour...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag Lyn, I can'r believe you've not made tags before

    hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful tag Lyn - love all the pearls, lace and gorgeous colouring. This is a work of art, to be looked at and admired, OR, you could add it to a special greeting card as the main focal point. A thing of beauty is a joy forever! Hope you and yours are happy and well - Loadsa hugs, Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sylvia, you're too kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jackie, I'll definitely have another go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is beautiful! Love all the embellishing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies