Tuesday 28 July 2009

The Wasp's Nest

I was feeling quite good today. The aliens hadn't landed, the rain had stopped, the fish were behaving and just a little wind blew the beans about a bit, so I thought, (which is always a bad sign) I'd get out in the garden and cut the beech hedge. It was looking like it needed a hair cut. First I jammed the lead for the electric hedge cutters in the front door, coursing the glass to crack. This should have been a warning! But no, off I went with the hedge cutter (armed like something out of the chainsaw massacre) and attacked the hedge with the zest of a happy hare, cutting it like a knife through butter. Frog the cat came out to help. And then it happened. "OW!" yelled me, and dropped the hedge cutters. Suddenly I was surrounded by two dozen very angry wasps! Frog the cat ran away . Luckily I was only stung once, as I retreaded waving my arms and yelling,
"Agh! Go away!!" The wasps returned to their newly built home. One stayed on guard and any attempt by me to finish cutting the hedge was met by a dozen yellow striped guards waving their stingers at me! So...of course I just had to take a picture!

5 comments:

  1. Ouch, I feel your pain! Ahhhhh the pitfalls of summer! Happy to hear it wasn't worse, you were very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lucky! I know a small child, who ran through a hedge, only to get stung but the whole nest of wasps! Luckily she was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how scary that must have been.. hope your ok..
    Tina
    http://christinasretreat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lyn it looks as though you had a very luck escape from those wasps, and the cat. Im allergic to the damn things so I always steer very clear of them. I will be back again next week to look at your wonderful work but it seems youve been a very busy lady this week. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Lyn glad you only got stung once & Frog escaped unhurt.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies