Friday 6 June 2014

Happy Birthday Mum!

Here's a little card I made my Mum. I won't tell you how old, I mean, young she is....but it is written on the card! This little digi image was a freebie from a magazine. (Lilly of The Valley, I think) Came in a little pad with a few others I've already used over the last couple of years. Time really does fly! The birthday sentiment is a rub-on and the orange 'For You' sentiment is a stick on. I've coloured him with Promarkers. They sort of bled a little bit as you can see, this card it was printed on was not that good but I think it makes him look more 'furry!'
 The papers are from two different 6x6 paper stacks also freebies from magazines. Inside I've used off cuts from the same papers plus a bit of something else I had left over....but you can't see that yet because I used batteries in my camera, which came from one of those cheap £ shops....ten batteries in the packet for the price of eight, bargain! Not! I only took one picture!! and the camera shut down telling me to get better batteries! (too smart for it's own good!) Anyway, I'll add a few more pictures later....and then...as if by magic, here they are!
 Inside there's also another sticker, 'Birthday Wishes' and a large punched out circle to write any message.
The orange bits of folded ribbon on the front is all that's left of another freebie from a crafting mag. One of the first ones I ever bought, so that's been in my stash for years! I've added some cup-cake ribbon too and three big green flowers fixed together with a brad, plus tiny punched out flowers from more scaps and added gem centres. Hiding behind the topper is a doily....which I'm sure was also a freebie. It's surprising how many freebies we can collect over the years! I've also added micro glitter fixed on using a Quickie Glue pen.
That's it! Have fun today. I'm off out walking dogs first thing...I might already be on the beach. Later taking mum shopping, then I'm out with more dogs and then taking mum out for a cream tea at the nursery, so she can choose some flowers for the garden. Bye for now! Later hoping to add this to some...
Challenges
4 krafty girlz-Anything Goes
 Crafting at the weekend-Anything Goes
Seemacrafts- June Challenge- Make it cute.
Hobby book designer challenge-at least 3 flowers (green and punched out, plus the bear is holding one)

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Mum, Lyn, I am sure she will treasure this card hun, it is amazing, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I bet your Mom LOVES it!!! I love the adorable bear; you colored him up perfectly. And I also love the bright orange flower and the shiny glittery touches. Hope your Mom has a wonderful Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card - I think your mother will love it! I do! Such a cute little bear and I love your colour scheme! The cupcake ribbon is so cute! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Happy Birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn, This card is so cute! I love the digi. Your coloring is great! I love the inside too. Very pretty ribbon. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn oh wow thats one fabulous card, love the layers and your card design. Hope your keeping well, sorry Ive not been by for awhile. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyn! Welcome to the Playground, at last! And what a super card for your Mum's Birthday, tons of lovely snippets used and yes, that is a LOTV image. I have the stamp here and it's called 'Teddy Flower'. Hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely! thanks for joining us at hobbybook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute!!!! Thanks for sharing your creation over on Seemascrafts for this months challenge. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Memeber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn . . . loving this cute LOTV bear card. Who can resist that lovely bear? I certainly can't. Thanks for bringing him along to the playground for us all to hug!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute ,love it , thanks for joining us at seemacrafts x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for June - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omgoodness...what a difference two years make

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omgoodness...what a difference two years make

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies