Thursday 12 June 2014

Happy Birthday John!

It's hubby's birthday today! It seems only a few weeks ago we were celebrating his last birthday. Here's the card I made, or rather, it made itself. Waste not want not, does not apply to crafting!! I waste nothing, but I still need more!!!
My printer's been playing  up for ages and wouldn't print out the papers I wanted to use, so here's another card made up with leftover 'bits.'
The clocks on the front were leftover from a DT make I started, but couldn't finish, by Cutting Cafe...inside you can see more of the same... but that's when the ink run out...instead of black, they're bluey grey, but I thought the papers still worked .
 The silver clock is cut from a sheet I embossed at the same time as above, and never used. I wanted to put the clock paper inside too but really wanted to use black paper, so Dovecraft came in handy there. The pink flower bits I tried to cover with cogs and wheels.
 The image is Bugaboo of course, coloured with Promakers. I was going to 3D that and might still, but I really ran out of 'time.' 
To keep the smaller card closed, there's a little paper tag that slots
between the layers. I added the tape measure, another scrap, to hide the gap between the papers, as they were just a little bit too short. (as were the papers inside, but I won't mention them!)
 The strip of paper on the inside (right) has dates and months on it, that came from a freebie paper stack called Travellight by We R Memory Keepers, from Simply Cards & PaperCrafts Issue 92, two years ago, so I ringed June the 12th. I've also added a hammer, a scew and a spanner, which are all brads. That's it, I think! Thank you for stopping by! If I have time,  I hope to add this birthday card to a few more...
Challenges!
Catch The Bug-June-Anything Goes
 Cards Galore-June-Anything Goes
 Crafty sentiment-Fathers day- for a male
One Stitch At A Ttime-Use A Digi (Bugaboo+ CC Clocks)

14 comments:

  1. Lyn, I love your papers and brads. I think it is great that you use your scraps so creatively. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! I love all the carpenter accents! Really neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.!! A very sorry to those of you who commented but are not here... I deleted you by mistake...it said appending comments, honest! I pressed post...and they were disappeared... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Lyn, I am sure you hubby will appreciate it, Happy birthday to John, hug shun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday John and what a great card especially as it makes such good use of leftovers.
    I've just had to have a new printer Lyn so I sympathise with your frustrations. I hope you get a new one soon
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute! Funny sentiment too! I bet he loved it! The embellies are fabulous! Like how you were able to use scraps to make this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at over at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck, Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your card - the riot of patterns and colours is a-mazing! Thanks for joining for our ANYTHING GOES challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog this week. Good luck in the draw! Please join us again soon.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome Man card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Catch The Bug Anything Goes challenge this week!
    We hope you'll join us again today for our Summertime challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, I love the tool charms and those cool gears! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh!!!! I so want to get back onto crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies