Wednesday 4 August 2021

WOYWW!? #635! Mainly...Loo Rolls!

  Morning WOYWWer's ! It's that time again so hop over to Julia's Stamping Ground and join in! Above is what's on the left side of my bench...We had this trip into town and my goodness! There was 'The Works' and before I knew what happened my basket was full! They haven't had 12x12 papers in for ages, plus some 6x6 papers too! I love the Christmas one.  Then, I trundled further down the high street and into a Charity shop, where I picked up an A5 40 paged display book for 99p. Bargain.

In the 'Gnome Corner' you'll see, at last!! that the bigger card is virtualy finished, just have to do the inside so that there's 7 gnomes all together, (6 on the front and 1 inside) One of the gnomes moves without falling or committing Harakiri! The smaller card is the one I practiced on waaaaay back, used magnets, (that smashed) but there wasn't enough room to be able to manage the magnet on a stick, so the gnome just somersaulted anywhere he wanted, got tangled in the undergrowth, lost his arm and then fell down. The bottom of the smaller card is tent style so I couldn't come up from the bottom and rescue him! (I gave up on giving them arms!) I've added a bit more 'grass' at the bottom of the larger card to hide the mechanism. (Seen in packet)

Here's the middle working bit of my bench. There's some squished loo rolls, which I've already run through my BigShot and squirted with water and added Glycein.

 Next comes the fun bit,  embossing and inking. (That takes ages!) Go HERE to watch the video where I got the inspiration to make a 'SteamPunk' booklet. I'm going to use different embossing folders and some Tim Holts inks later. That's it! I'm off now to feed a cat and later will have a little four legged friend come visit! So, Join in at WOYWW! Bye for now! 

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been busy Lyn. Have fun working with the loo roll inners. Great haul from The Works. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you turn the squished loo rolls into! Loving the gnome of course. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! loo rolls! I remember when loo roll mini-books were all the rage. I must now dash off to see the inspiration and decide if I must begin collecting then empties again LOL! And yeah, I miss popping in to The Works for assorted goodies- maybe soon. Love the gnomes BTW. so cute.Is the one on the desk just a bit drunk? did he fall off? :D

    Happy WOYWW.
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your gnome card! I look forward to seeing your steam punk book. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good bargain too! The embossed TPR is intriguing! Will check out the video - have a happy week! xx zsuzsa #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been in the Works for ages, how exciting that they had all that new stock and that you took some of it home with you lol. I've been saving all my toilet roll tubes for mini albums too. The brand I have is white inside which is really quite handy. Can't wait to see your album when it's done, I like the look of some of her pages too, might have to have a go sometime. Happy WOYWW! Elle #20 this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't looked in the Works for ages; perhaps I had better not! Enjoy your new goodies! Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for loo rolls in the first picture 🤣. Definitely will be having a look at that video - and then saving toilet rolls of course ! Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gnome card so much. I hope you show a close up of it. Looking forward to seeing your steampunk book. That should be interesting. I am very curious to see how the faux leather look turns out. Have a wonderful day. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn. Goodness - you did have fun in town!! Well found. Everything looks great - and now you can have loads of fun playing. The gnome card looks good!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went in the Works today, they really are very good on the Craft side with lots of interesting things but I was good as it had to be a quick visit. I'm off now to look at the Steampunk booklet. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing what you are working on! Pretty papers and finds! Your gnome card is adorable! I can't wait to see what you create with the loo rolls! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, that’s a lovely lot of new stash and bargains, well done you, there’s going to be a lot of fun playing with that lot! I got some 12x12 from The Works recently, I like the fact that I can get more out of each page for my simple cards.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lot more, waaay more patience than me Lyn, this e gnomes would have bought it by now! a the card fronts looks sensational though, you were right to stick with it for sure. Next week, can you explain why you add glycerine to your squirt water?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds as if you had fun with your shoppng, and got some good bargains. Love the loo roll mini-album. I saved this video several years ago and it's great. I've made quite a bit of faux leather in the past, mostly using acrylics but the principle is the same. The stuff feels just like real leather! It doesn't smell like leather though... I look forward to seeing the completion of your album. I used some of my faux leather on a mini-album I made once from recycled materials - the faux leather was made from scrap printer card that had printing on it! Waste not, want not!!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed reading and looking at what you have been up to.
    I haven't been active on WOYWW for such a long time and I lost my Artistic mojo ages ago. I am hoping for inspiration looking at prolific artists like yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies