Wednesday 28 July 2021

What's On Your Worktop?! Trees! And Dobby! #634

Happy WOYWW! This week I'm sort of carrying on from Yesterday, as I'm still doing the same thing, so there really isn't much difference . Just more mess! I'm remaking this Card (made from one of my own digi's) as I've misplaced the pictures I took of it the first time round. I printed out three trees-one's reversed so I can stick another picture of the door on the inside...I've cut nearly all round the tree,  then gluded it to another piece of paper, cut around that too, coloured in the open doorway with different shades of Promarkers Iced Grey.... (Oh damn! As I type this I can see I've made a mistake...oh well... no one will know!)It's all printed on 200gsmsmooth white paper, so by the time I 3D it over the main picture of the whole tree it's quite sturdy... I know...I lost you at 'Just more  mess' didn't I!?
So, here's more pictures. In front, the tree's just been cut around, and the door cut so it will open. Behind is the reversed picture, uncoloured, as I'm only going to use the door. (I was testing out the blue for the sky, Promarkers, Sky Blue or Arctic Blue, I went with the former. Above that, is my Dobby mug half filled with cold tea.

This bit was left from the 'original' card. The holes are for the swinging mechanism to fix to, but they were a little too high. I'll need 'more tree' to hide it and the gnome will probably get stuck in the branches! (Hope I can remember how I did it now!)

Oops...this is some ATC's I had left over for T on Tueday, I kept finding papers I liked better, so made far more than I needed. Well, it kept me out of trouble for a little while! That's it for now. Pop over to Stamping Ground and join in! Thank you for stopping by!

#woyww

 

16 comments:

  1. So much to take in Lyn. I can't wait to see the finished card. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is going to be spectacular once finished Lyn. So much work to it too! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of work going on for the tree - and I couldn't find a mistake so you were spot on when you said noone would notice! It's looking fab but I did get a bit lost when you mentioned reverse pictures and swinging mechanism! I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the finished card, and I love the ATC's too - that cupcake one is just gorgeous.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your fairy trees are lovely but I hope your gnome doesn’t get caught up in the foliage, lol! It looks like you’ve been having a lot of fun.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to find the mistake, but couldn't! It's true, nobody else will see it. I often see things on my pages I could have done differently, but don't worry about it! I'm sure the card will turn out wonderful! Have fun this week! xx zsuzsa #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. well that looks just fabulous! you are so clever. have a good week and thanks for your visit. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree, perfect to add a gnome to. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ATC's you received. So pretty! I like your tree card. Looking forward to seeing more about it. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, it's always good to see what you're up to and loving the card design and ATC. Wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree card looks interesting, can't wait to see how it turns out. Happy WOYWW! Elle #18 this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that the door will open!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #7
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of a tree card with a little door that opens! What fun. Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad your guillotine has been such a success. I really love mine - it's steaming through my cutting and much better than my little Fiskars trimmer. Glad you enjoyed seeing our old kitties, and Phoebe's family - I was so thrilled to get those photos to put in my album. Thank you for your good wishes re the chemo. I've pretty much decided to decline it, whatever they say, unless I'm in imminent danger of death without it, which is very unlikely given my other results.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #12

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always so much fun, reading your WOYWW posts! I think the tree is fab and sometimes, beginning again gives you a chance to go in another direction, so take advantage of that. You will surely find the original photos hiding on your memory card just as you finish this one LOL!Love the ATCs as well, and like you I am always getting great ideas when I am nearly done with something. So yeah, I end up with more - which is better than LESS, right?

    Happy windy day, slightly late, Desk Hopping!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lyn, that card is going to look brilliant once completed. I wouldn't mind living in a treehouse like that, especially if it's in the New Forest. The ATCs are lovely and it doesn't hurt to have a few extra. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your visit Lyn, I'd forgotten the days of the week . . .
    Interesting goings on on your desk . . .
    TAke care
    Christine #24

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lyn - thanks for popping by - love your tree's card - and no I cant't see anything - we are our own worst critics! I hope you have a lovely week - Cheers Maurs xxx #6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies