Sunday 6 July 2014

I'm Quirky Well die-ing for Christmas In July!

So.... here it is!! Christmas in July, plus use die cuts and or punches. Couldn't be easier! That's my challenge, which has started over on Quirky Crafts Challenge blog. I've spent all week, trying to find my Big Shot, I mean...how can one lose a Big Shot...the times I've caught my ankle on the handle if it's on the floor!! I found it, minus all it's bits so then begun hunting for dies cuts I'd already cut out....  did find a few, but not cut out of Christmas paper, so I went ahead and printed out this cute little rabbit from Delicious Doodles a few times.
 I'd chosen 'Christmas Collection Paper Stack' by Kate Knight which was a freebie from Quick Cards Made easy magazine some time ago. They're not the normal colours for Christmas, but as the theme is Christmas in July, well...bright happy sparkly papers are just the ticket I think! 
Once I'd printed out the bunny in his stocking I had the idea of printing him on some of the papers too. So, using a dab of photo glue, (so I could peel it off easiler afterwards) I stuck them on a sheet of paper and printed bunny all over again, so most of him and his stocking were now coloured by the backing papers. 
I cut these out and fixed them over the white bunnies (I had loads over so I've made another card, I'll show you that later in the week) I coloured the bunny with Promarkers and then, (there's always more) decided to 3D him. I was going to add a third layer with just the bunny's head (no ears or paws) But I couldn't cut him! He's too cute, and if I did, I wouldn't have been able to make another card....any way it still makes a nice 'shadow' under his chin and makes him look more life-like.
Once all that was done he was fixed onto a die cut by 'Darice Embossing'.
Down one side  of the card I fixed some sparkly ric-rac ribbon , but then decided to cover that with the pink web ribbon. I then added silver miri board snowflakes punched out with a Woodware punch and added gems to their centres, then added loads of glitter, a stocking charm, a holly sticker and a Merry Christmas peel off...which of course are die cuts too.
Inside I thought I'd add another bunny using all the 'bits' I had left over from printing on the backing ppers. The Merry Christmas was stamped onto a Spellbinder diecut. , using Really Raspberry ink.
That's it! Back to walking the dogs, we've had four this weekend, with some staying over, great doggy fun! Thank you for stopping by! oh, yes I forgot to say, I found my Big Shot! I hope to add this to a few...
Challenges
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon
Crafting at the Weekend - anything goes
Cards Galore - use a digi

8 comments:

  1. So sweet card, Donna! Love cute image and gorgeous design. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness - that's absolutely delightful !! :-D What a gorgeous card and soooo much trouble you went through to make him. ! Glad you found your Big Shot :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx


    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn, This is so cute! I love that bunny. Those papers are beautiful. I love the colors. I like bright cheerful Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card so much! I just adore bunnies, and had never thought to use one on a Christmas card, but it looks incredible!!! The colors and papers are gorgeous with the bunny, and I really like the accents you used! I like that it's not traditional Christmas colors, but it looks amazing as a Christmas card! I really enjoy looking at your cards; they are always a surprise and delight to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used the diecut for the inside also; I've never thought to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to go with bright & sparkly! I love how you've made the bunny 3D - he pops right out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful creation - Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Ribbons this week and hope to see you in future challenges

    Elaine aka Ellapu
    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    DT Crafty Ribbons
    Owner of Altered Eclectics
    Owner at Eclectic Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely sweet card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamped image or a digi stamp Challenge#7. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies