Sunday 23 February 2014

A Quirky Reminder to Pile it High Layer it Up! Try some 3D!

I know, I'm probably late... even with three posts a week I'm finding it hard to find the time to squeeze anything on to my blog! But here I'm am to let you know there's still another week to join in with my challenge over on Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog, and as the title says, we want to see Piles of Laying and 3D-ing, which is my fav, so that's why I chose it! It's easy-peazy just get out all those  lovely bits you've not used and add them to your creation!
Here's my make.... (As I type this I have no idea what's going to be here....so you can miss this bit as it's only me waffling!)
 I decided to make a box for the card I made last week. It wouldn't fit into it's envelope, so it seemed like a good idea to make a box. It's not a very good box, so don't look too closely! I used my old Crafters Companion. Inside there's scoring lines to make a box and box lid but it never came with instructions and the cutter inside never worked, probably because one of the hinges was broken, but on saying that, it was brilliant at scoring all those wedding cards I made years ago. There's no way I could have done so many without it! (it was a freebie for subscribing to a crafty magazine, which is why I never sent it back) Anyway, I guessed what size I needed and this is what I came up with; a basic black box with loads of layers and embellishments.
I've used almost the same  papers and card colours as I used last week, the backing paper actually being freebies from the same mag years ago, only I've used a few more of the paper embellishments and added a tiny bit of washi tape, some yellow foam shapes, which just happened to be hanging around and an owl charm to go with the Smart Owl digi from Robins Fetish.
I haven't 3D-ed the owl this time as I thought there was enough layers for a box but I have Glossed over his eyes (or glasses) again. They show up a bit more this time because it's not quite dry!  That's it I think, now it's over to you to come and join in. Our Sponsors this time are Robyns Fetish and Digital Delights! I'm quite chuffed to find out my last weeks card was one of the top three over on  Creative Fingers! (Thank you Kitty for pointing that out!) I hope to add this card box to some...
Challenges
Papertake weekly-Lovely Layers
Pennys challenges-Lots Of Layers
TTCRD- Anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the owl image, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn
    What a great card and box. Sorry to no have visited so much recently but I don't know where the time goes almost the end of February already......
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool box! Matches perfectly with your card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, I love this card! It is adorable! Great card for a teach or a school official. Love all the elements you added. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies