Thursday 1 September 2011

A Flowery Banner

This is what I've been up to today. Mum said, "Do us a 'Flower Show' Banner for the Fete on Saturday."
Okay!" said me, thinking, how hard can that be? But of course, I had to work out how large I could do the letters. Can't suddenly begin with a huge FLO only to dwindle down to tiny crunched up 'OW' at the end.
I did have a bit of a panic, me with my dyslexia thought for a frightening moment I'd put Followers how instead of Flower Show... two words I often get muddled. Because well, the word flower is an odd word anyway isn't it? It's really Flow-ers as in flow, but sounds like it should be flowl-ers as in flowlers, or flourers as in flour...as in cakes. Or maybe that's just the way I talk! It still doesn't look right to me...
I used a permanent black pen and then filled in the red and green with Promarkers but they don't seem too permanent to me. And are they waterproof too? I fear if it rains the Flower Show will run! Let's hope for a sunny day on Saturday!ps....who can spy the spider...?

and that Leafy freebie can still be found Here

8 comments:

  1. Fab banner. I am in awe of the uniform size of your letters. That is so difficult. Very talented lady! Keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the fact you now have me confused...I think it has come out awesome..lol...Great job, and I'll be hoping for fine weather for you, just lucky you dont live here, it is just starting to rain...blaa..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Lyn! With luck the markers won't run but I'll get the prayer mat out for sunshine. Still looking for the spider here :( Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely banner Lyn,fingers crossed for the day.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Lyn thats a really stunning banner and I bet your parents were delighted with it. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats one stunning banner Lyn love the flowers, have a great day.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. who's a clever girl then?
    Looks great...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son is dyslexic so I understand your worry ...great job ...should be waterproof once dry ...is that a spider hanging off the last flower??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies