Tuesday 2 June 2009

Quirky Shopping ATC's

Another beautifully hot Summer's day. Hope you've all been out in your new bikini's sunning yourselves! No? me neither...the world is not ready for me in a bikini! Martians, perhaps but definitely not that! (shudder)
I aimed to finish the card I was doing yesterday, along with a couple of other things, but still no photo glue and a round trip of nearly forty miles for a £1.99 tube of glue really would add to my carbon-footprint! Hopefully, my on-line order should be here tomorrow!
We've spent most of the afternoon in the garden with John's Mum and Les, talking them out of going to Curry's to buy a new TV and to buy one on line instead. (A lot cheaper!) After a packet of Jaffa Cakes and two cups of tea, that's what we did! ...And talking about 'shopping' (were we?) I've made a few ATC's for the Quirky Forum Swap. "Shopping" Hmmm, okay, I know everyone will probably be doing shoes and clothes and pretty things, but shopping to me means a trip to Tesco's to buy Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Nescafe Cappuccino, bananas, cat food, chocolate, oh and not forgetting the Radio Times and a Crafty Magazine! So...that's what I've done. Found some tiny pictures of said above, scanned them, cut them out and stuck them down using a glue stick. (Not keen on using a glue stick on cards) The backing papers were freebies, flowers, watering cans and gardening tools, but is well hidden.(I used them, because I like going shopping for gardening things too!)
I added a star (for bargains) a brad, for...well, like a clipboard thingy for your shopping list, and a heart because, I heart Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. I then added a few words like, crafts, chocolate, yum, shop, on line and a couple of arrows, which I coloured using my one and only permanent ProMarker!!! No good? I'm not sure either. One of the ATC's has a real till receipt...Kit-Kat's, Cat food and a Crafty mag clearly marked! I only need two for the Challenge...haven't decided which two yet. Maybe I'll make a couple of pretty ones as well!
It's not quite midnight yet, so before I go I'd love to say a big hello and welcome to three new followers! (((Wave))) First Shirley, Nannieflash who has some fantastic cards full of bling and all things shinny. Pop over and say hi! Elaine, over on Quixotic Cards and The Copic Colour Challenge Beautifully fantastic cards coloured (of course) with Copic pens, (hunt out the Web-Shop too, for some lovely charms!) And last but by no way least, Riet who has trillions of followers and a truly lovely blog filled with amazing cards., I don't think I've found a blog with so many comments! Please pop over and take a look. These blogs are just yummy, and full of ideas and inspiration!
Back tomorrow, with any luck, with some more Blog Awards and a couple of makes, one a very late Birthday Card for a forum buddy. (Sorry...no glue!)

12 comments:

  1. these are brill hun love them i havent been sunning myself either to busy up ladders he he love cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog, your cards and wit ! I don't even know how I came upon it, but I'm really glad I did. Oh,... and I know what it's like when you have used that last drop of glue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Spyder

    Congratulations on a lovely blog. So much to see!!!!

    Love the ATC's - really bright and well thought through.

    Looks like your shopping trips and bag contents are nearly identical to mine.

    Hope your glue arrives soon - if not you will have to sew everything together. LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab ATC's hun, all bright and colourful they are great...

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are very cool, what a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lyn, love your ATCs they are really quite stunning. well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. And THANK YOU for the lovely comments on your blog about my own blogspot, thats really quite fantastic of you, Take care love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly Brilliant Atc's, I found them fascinating to look at,picking out individual items is such fun.

    Hugs Sandie x

    p.s.I love Crunchy Nut cornflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful Lyn,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice take on the shopping, agree it makes a change from shoes and handbags!

    I wouldn't be out in a bikini either, I'd only attract more martians to land!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun ATC's Lynn!! So many eyecatching details!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyn, I just love your card creations, they are all so different and unique than the usual cards one see in blog land. I also love all the tutorials you are sharing in your sidebar, will have to go and investigate them. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies