Sunday 7 June 2009

80 Reasons to Eat Cake!

I ended up making my mum two card's for her 80th birthday. I had it in my head what I wanted to do...but, well, there's so much other junk in there, neither of them came out the way I hoped they would. I had a go at doing the card in the video down on the side bar. I think it would've been a lot easier using the cutter/scorer board that Dawn Griffith uses~ just line it all up and run your bone folder or whatever down the slide. I have an older version of the Crafter's Companion, the cutter is a bit wobbly and has never worked very well, so used the line nearest to 2" and folded back the card each time, so of course, me being me, one of the folds was a bit off and the card wouldn't close properly...but saying that, family was quite impressed with it...(should've gone to Specksavers). I used a Forever Friends decoupage for both the cards. In this one the cute bear is eating a smartie covered cake, so for the opening line I typed out, '80 reasons to eat cake!' In the video, Dawn uses thicker paper and fixes it straight onto the front of the card. I used the paper that came with the Forever Friends decoupage (not really enough) plus some scraps of Pink Petticoat, and fixed another piece of card the same size to the front of the card first. I added some little toppers, which I got some time ago from Create and Craft TV. Only had a strip of the pink left, so to make sure it printed in the right place, I fixed it to a sheet of paper with a sticky dot, and then printed it. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't use the ribbon I'd bought specially, mainly because the card in my head and the card I'd made were completely different, so I made another one. This Little Forever Friends Bear is holding a tulip and was bought to make a Mother's Day Card, so he was already fixed together with silicone glue. The card's not quite finished in the picture, but it's near enough done, few gems missing and I added a smidgen of Sticklers Glitter glue...the pink dotty paper was a freebie download sometime ago from ScrapGirls. and the rest from stash. Hope you had a great weekend. We had a lovely evening out, last night, with family to celebrate Mum's 80th..
Emma, (daughter) made a card too and of course, I had to take a photo! I love the glittery 80...it came from Hobby Craft.

12 comments:

  1. O.M.G. this cards are so so fantastic ,but really fantastic congratulations ,you are an artist...hugs laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are amazing, I@m sure your mum will be delighted to receive them. Cards are for standing open so don't worry about teh creasing being off!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww Lyn,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lyn, your card is so stunning, it is beautifully coloured and the layout is brilliant. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fab cards they are adorable with those images and very artistic. I know your mum will love them.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing cards! Very very beautiful!
    Hugs, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. In a word.....STUNNING!

    hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card lotta work in that!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwesome cards lyn! I love the first one.!

    Yes, you can link my video to your sidebar. Thanks so much for your comment =D


    Hugss
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this card. thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards,so much detail and a fabulous design!!! Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous! I love all the folding, not surprised your family were impressed!
    I love your blog, it's so colourful and cheery!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies