Friday 5 June 2009

Another Summer Shaker

I did tell you there'd be another one didn't I! I mean, another shaker card using Summer Driggs freebies. A little different than the card below as it opens up the other way...no I didn't do that by accident! Just thought it looked better that way seeing I made the frame a tiny bit smaller! (I couldn't actually make it any bigger as the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes packet, which I used to make the frame, still had some Crunchy Nuts Cornflakes in it!)
It's almost the same as the card below, only as you can see, I used the green dotty paper instead of the blue (I'm definitely going to use the blue dotty paper for Christmas cards, it'll make great snow! Christmas!?? I'm thinking Christmas in June!! That must be a first! (Added Edition: Gez had a great idea of adding snowflakes in a Christmas Shaker....not real snowflakes....)
I used a Penny Black Stickeroo again, stuck him on acetate first, then fixed him to the card with a dollop of silicone glue. Added a smidgen of Stickles Glitter, oh and rounded off the corners with my corner punch. Good little tool, one I recommend, a corner punch! I bought mine locally but they are easily found on line. You can get them with different pattens, but I haven't got one of those.
Short post today, as I'm in the middle of making my Mum's Birthday Card. "Happy Birthday Mum!!" And we're all going out to celebrate! Catch you all later, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your post and seeing your lovely card I also like freebies and used the link yesterday the stuff looks fab i also love honey nut cornflakes lol.
    Have a great time with your mum.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...... your shaker cards are all brilliant. You've given me an idea thinking of Christmas cards! You could put snowflakes in the shaker bit. Not real ones of course!lol. I really need to have a go at these. :-)

    Yeah! Wishing you a super celebration with your mum. Have fun. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey spyder girl...nope...not been eaten by a terrantula!!!! disappointed are you????? Love the comment you left about the boat.....you crack me up girl!
    Your shaker cards are awesome...every time I see them I think I need to try them out but still haven't yet!! I still love your bunny one====Tinker and Warren....Will come back and check out your earlier posts later!! Hey how's the leg??
    Hugs to you my web friend!!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card lyn! Its so colourful and cheerful. Awesome. !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card,l love the image and colours Lyn.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, and a beautiful blog! (thanks for stopping by mine and leaving a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyn :o) Another great shaker card, and I like the cards you made for your Mum as well. Your blog just gets better and better ! I have made some progress on mine..not a lot !...but I wondered if you would care to have a look at it for me ? Thanks a lot, Love Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anne! I'm on my way right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies